The Student Room Group

UNIQ Summer School 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wawasan
Even better then :tongue: One thing I'm rather worried about if I do apply for E&M is the TSA, which I don't know too much about but it looks like the University uses it to discriminate candidates to a larger extent than GCSE results or other factors factor interview :s-smilie:

Yeah, I've practiced a few of the papers and they're quite difficult, but im sure with more practice closer to the time that I'll get better at them. I think I'm going to prioritise my exams first and then really think about uni
Reply 501
Got in for the maths(chances) so excited
Original post by James_E
Got in for the maths(chances) so excited

I got in too, I'll see you there :h:
Original post by catherineee98
I got in for Spanish! So excited ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hola fellow Spanish acceptee! I'm really excited too, I can't wait to tell my Spanish teacher ^-^
Just confirmed my place for English :smile: Excited! Hard to focus on getting ready for AS exams when I want to get ready for UNIQ :P
Original post by TheRavenclaw
Hola fellow Spanish acceptee! I'm really excited too, I can't wait to tell my Spanish teacher ^-^

Holaaa! Same haha I'll need to tell her when we go back from the holidays 😊 Hopefully some other people doing spanish will join this forum! So far there's only two of us...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wawasan
Even better then :tongue: One thing I'm rather worried about if I do apply for E&M is the TSA, which I don't know too much about but it looks like the University uses it to discriminate candidates to a larger extent than GCSE results or other factors factor interview :s-smilie:

I applied for E&M, but didn't get in. What GCSE grades do you have, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by FHL123
I applied for E&M, but didn't get in. What GCSE grades do you have, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

I got into E&M with 6A*,6a and and an A in AS business, not amazing but I went to a low attaining school and live in a crap area so. Also I worked hard on the personal statement
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 508
Original post by Uke_Kate
I got in too, I'll see you there :h:

See you there, good to know I won't be the only one attending haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by James_E
See you there, good to know I won't be the only one attending haha

Yeah, everyone here has been on the other course. I was worrying there was going to be the only one there cos no one else seemed to be on it.
I got in for PPE, leaving this here for anyone else that did too to reply!
Reply 511
Original post by bethbot
Got onto History: Gender and identity, so excited!

Conngratulations, same! What subjects are you doing? :smile:
Reply 512
Original post by Uke_Kate
Yeah, everyone here has been on the other course. I was worrying there was going to be the only one there cos no one else seemed to be on it.

Yeah, I had the other course as my second choice but "what are the chances" as my first choice
Reply 513
Original post by lou2101
Conngratulations, same! What subjects are you doing? :smile:

Well done to you too! I'm doing History, English Lit, Welsh and Chemistry (Chemistry was a bad idea!) It's all very exciting, wish we didn't have to get through exams first!
Original post by Wawasan

Discriminate is a bit of a harsh word no? The TSA is very important for E&M as it shows your ability to analyse problems and come to sound conclusions. Something that is a key aspect to the course.
It is true that if you are not in the top percentage for the test then you will not get an interview - irrespective of how many A*s you have. This is why the interview rate is only 27% which is even lower than Medicine.

There is no excuse for not practising the TSA - there are absolutely loads of past papers on the internet, together with answer sheets.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by uniqsummer
Discriminate is a bit of a harsh word no? The TSA is very important for E&M as it shows your ability to analyse problems and come to sound conclusions. Something that is a key aspect to the course.
It is true that if you are not in the top percentage for the test then you will not get an interview - irrespective of how many A*s you have. This is why the interview rate is only 27% which is even lower than Medicine.

There is no excuse for not practising the TSA - there are absolutely loads of past papers on the internet, together with answer sheets.

I don't doubt the integrity of the test - all of those skills mentioned are indeed, I understand, a good indicator of ahow well a student will perform but the reason for objecting it is the fact that it goes against the principle of students being able to have a "bad day"
Has anyone who applied and didn't get in received a two day taster day invitation relevant to their subject? I got in (the taster day, not the actual summer school) for PPE!
Original post by blackdiamond97
Has anyone who applied and didn't get in received a two day taster day invitation relevant to their subject? I got in (the taster day, not the actual summer school) for PPE!

As did I! Are you bringing a parent?
Original post by antigone-
As did I! Are you bringing a parent?

Yep, I'm from London and I'd feel a bit weird going by myself, plus my mum would be useful in terms of helping me decide whether I'd want to apply to Oxford

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blackdiamond97
Yep, I'm from London and I'd feel a bit weird going by myself, plus my mum would be useful in terms of helping me decide whether I'd want to apply to Oxford

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, I'm from London too but I don't think I'll be bringing my mum, see you there I guess haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending