The Student Room Group

Ask me Anything: UNIQ (University of Oxford)

Hey guys, ask me questions about UNIQ - the University of Oxford's access programme for Year 12s!!
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by emm4nuella
Hey guys, ask me questions about UNIQ - the University of Oxford's access programme for Year 12s!!
I'm unsure if you can answer this, but do people who don't meet the prioritised criteria have much of a chance?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm unsure if you can answer this, but do people who don't meet the prioritised criteria have much of a chance?
i was wondering that too xx
Hi i have a question, I got an offer for UNIQ however one of my allocated dates happen to fall on a prior engagement I cannot miss. If i press on the confirmation that says "I cannot attend my allocated dates" will i lose my spot? Or will i be reallocated a date?
On the email it says: "If you cannot make your residential dates, please select ‘I cannot make my allocated dates’ on the confirmation form and read the information on that page carefully." Does anyone know what the information is? I don't want to press it in case it's irreversible.😢
if i got into theology and religion but am not considering that course any more as it was a second choice ( but might still do something philosophy related ) would it still be useful to go ?
Original post by Anonymous #3
if i got into theology and religion but am not considering that course any more as it was a second choice ( but might still do something philosophy related ) would it still be useful to go ?
It could be fun either way! And there is a good change that it might touch upon some relevant topics :smile: but totally up to you!
Original post by Anonymous #1

Original post by Anonymous #2
i was wondering that too xx
i would say you need to meet a lot of the criteria to get a place! did either of you get in <3
definitely! i got my second choice (linguistics) and i ended up loving the summer school, and then i decided to apply for linguistics for uni, and it's now something i am looking forward to studying this year
https://www.uniq.ox.ac.uk/decisions2024 Guys is this actually just directing you to a blank page whichever button you've pressed? Or is it just my problem
Original post by emm4nuella
definitely! i got my second choice (linguistics) and i ended up loving the summer school, and then i decided to apply for linguistics for uni, and it's now something i am looking forward to studying this year
I am in the same situation as you! Just accepted the invite for Linguistics and was wondering if you had any tips or reading recommendations beforehand! Thank you so much!
Original post by salosalo
I am in the same situation as you! Just accepted the invite for Linguistics and was wondering if you had any tips or reading recommendations beforehand! Thank you so much!
when you join the canvas (online bit) they will give you some reading recs, but i loved reading Language Unlimited by David Adger!!
hey ! just wondering whether travel costs are paid by oxford or not ?? cause it’s super expensive from where i am haha
hey ! just wondering whether travel costs are paid by oxford or not ?? cause it’s super expensive from where i am haha
yes an external company will pay for your travel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending