The Student Room Group

English Literature- deciding quotes and books to use

For Contextual linking, I'm quite unsure on how to study and prepare for it. In terms I'm not sure which quotes to use, techniques of them etc.
I'm not exactly sure how many books//quotes I should have annotated for the English Literature exam. I know there are themes but I'm trying to decide which books to use and not use for the exam.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Cherry82
For Contextual linking, I'm quite unsure on how to study and prepare for it. In terms I'm not sure which quotes to use, techniques of them etc.
I'm not exactly sure how many books//quotes I should have annotated for the English Literature exam. I know there are themes but I'm trying to decide which books to use and not use for the exam.

Take a scientific approach on it. When linking, I'd briefly consider how the form, structure and language compares/contrasts and go into depth regarding the contextual information. AO4 is where the majority of the marks lie.
Reply 3
Original post by _quantumsuicide
Take a scientific approach on it. When linking, I'd briefly consider how the form, structure and language compares/contrasts and go into depth regarding the contextual information. AO4 is where the majority of the marks lie.

Thanks.
Per text, find 3-4 quotes on the following: Setting, Characterisation, Themes/Ideas, Narrative Voice/Structure. That way you'll have all your bases covered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending