The Student Room Group

GCSE An Inspector Calls Quotes

I have an open-book English assessment next week about "An Inspector Calls". We will get a past AQA GCSE English Literature question and are only expected to use quotes from Act 1 as this is the only act we have covered in detail so far. I am most likely going to pick the theme question. What are the best quotes in Act 1 that can be applied to different theme questions? I have already highlighted many of the key quotes in Act 1 but I want to highlight some more so that I can have a lot to pick from. Ideally could you please give me some that have some language techniques as you get marks for AO2? Thank you very much!
Reply 1
Original post by VoiidDev
I have an open-book English assessment next week about "An Inspector Calls". We will get a past AQA GCSE English Literature question and are only expected to use quotes from Act 1 as this is the only act we have covered in detail so far. I am most likely going to pick the theme question. What are the best quotes in Act 1 that can be applied to different theme questions? I have already highlighted many of the key quotes in Act 1 but I want to highlight some more so that I can have a lot to pick from. Ideally could you please give me some that have some language techniques as you get marks for AO2? Thank you very much!

can’t remember the exact quote but it’s from the stage directions and says something about the lights being changed/(brightened?) once the Inspector arrives - great to use to highlight his importance and domination of the play - as it changes from Mr Birling’s focus to the Inspector and Sheila in Act 2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending