The Student Room Group

how many hours of gcse revision are you doing a day?

how many hours are you doing a day and whats your concentration level like?
do you have any tips for me to focus because i keep getting distracted

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing around 4-5. When May comes I'll probably do 6 a day. What about you? To get rid of distractions I would remove anything which may turn your attention away from your revision. In some cases I've asked my mum to hide my phone, iPads etc… Another way you could keep focused is by having a reminder of your dream in the future. Possibly consider sticking up your dream university/job so whenever you look at it you will be reminded of how important these exams are. Hope this gives you some ideas :smile:.
Reply 2
Original post by 'Chris'
I'm doing around 4-5. When May comes I'll probably do 6 a day. What about you? To get rid of distractions I would remove anything which may turn your attention away from your revision. In some cases I've asked my mum to hide my phone, iPads etc… Another way you could keep focused is by having a reminder of your dream in the future. Possibly consider sticking up your dream university/job so whenever you look at it you will be reminded of how important these exams are. Hope this gives you some ideas :smile:.

Thank you for the advice Chris. I am doing 10 GCSE subjects and I am roughly doing I am doing at 8 hours (with all of the breaks and procrastination times cut out) because I am very behind with my revision. I kind of need my laptop for music! I'm definitely going to stick up my dream college and courses. Good Luck with you GCSE revision, I hope all of your work pays off and you get the grades you want! :smile:
Original post by bunnyland
Thank you for the advice Chris. I am doing 10 GCSE subjects and I am roughly doing I am doing at 8 hours (with all of the breaks and procrastination times cut out) because I am very behind with my revision. I kind of need my laptop for music! I'm definitely going to stick up my dream college and courses. Good Luck with you GCSE revision, I hope all of your work pays off and you get the grades you want! :smile:

How are u doing 8 if school finishes at 3 ish?
I am doing about 2 hours of revision every weekday and 4hours each day on the weekend. Many people will say to revise as much as you possibly can, but this isn't healthy revision. Regular breaks should be took every 30mins-1hour but this shouldn't be counted as your revision time. You should eat healthily, because it will raise the endorphins in your body which will increase your mood. This should also be done before the exam, especially if you're nervous, stressed, or worried.
Reply 5
Yesterday I did biology revision from 8pm until 12pm - so four hours.

Today will only be two hours because my timetable is only listing one exam to revise for. So I will hopefully be going to bed earlier tonight!
Reply 6
Original post by sumi99
How are u doing 8 if school finishes at 3 ish?

I think she means during the holidays :wink:.
I dont get study leave so I do around 4hours on weekdays and 8hours on weekends
Reply 8
Original post by SuperHuman98

I don't get study leave until nearly all of our exam are done. Can't wait to get them over and done with though!
Reply 9

Original post by cLizzied
I don't get study leave until nearly all of our exam are done. Can't wait to get them over and done with though!

Do you guys not even have study leave during the exams?
Original post by 'Chris'

No I have to go school during the exam, even if we finish all science exams we still go to science and revise for another subject
Original post by 'Chris'

No not until i have 2 exams left! We go to our normal lessons.
Reply 12
I do 6 hours, using the pomodoro timer, 25 mins work then 5 mins break.

Sometimes i wake up in the night the revise
tehe :biggrin:
Original post by bunnyland
how many hours are you doing a day and whats your concentration level like?
do you have any tips for me to focus because i keep getting distracted

Hello. My school don't have study leave so that's great...but excluding the six hours at school i do about 4-5 hours in the afternoon from 4:00-8:30; 9:30 if you include an hour of reading OMAM or Martyn Pig. However i am predicted all A*'s yet i still get nervous; should i really be worrying that much about GCSE's or are they relativity easy? :confused: :s-smilie:
Reply 14
It's varied but it very bad lol
Original post by some_irish_guy
Hello. My school don't have study leave so that's great...but excluding the six hours at school i do about 4-5 hours in the afternoon from 4:00-8:30; 9:30 if you include an hour of reading OMAM or Martyn Pig. However i am predicted all A*'s yet i still get nervous; should i really be worrying that much about GCSE's or are they relativity easy? :confused: :s-smilie:

What school do you go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I have to go school during the exam, even if we finish all science exams we still go to science and revise for another subject

Are you in year 10 or year 11 because if you're in year 10 you won't be eligible for study leave, but when you're in year 11 you will have study leave after the whit holidays.
Original post by cooldudehjhjwbjd
Are you in year 10 or year 11 because if you're in year 10 you won't be eligible for study leave, but when you're in year 11 you will have study leave after the whit holidays.

I'm in year 11
Original post by Dr Cobbold
(edited 9 years ago)
[QUOTE="some_irish_guy;55026969"]
Original post by Dr Cobbold

Is your name Patrick if not then don't worry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest