The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by games211
Can one find them online (cheeky smile) :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

Unfortunately not, sorry! It's the way my school does things.
does anyone have any predictions for the f214 + f215 exams?
Hi I wanted to know you know the ornithine cycle do you just learn the diagram? Or do you need to know full information on how the whole cycle works?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cheeky 12
Hi I wanted to know you know the ornithine cycle do you just learn the diagram? Or do you need to know full information on how the whole cycle works?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The latter. I've seen a question where they disregarded any sketches of the diagram for marks. Same goes for the Calvin cycle.
Is it just me or is nothing really making any sense so far... We've almost covered everything and whenever I even attempt a past paper I don't really feel like I know how to answer..Any advice???
Original post by Cosmocos
Is it just me or is nothing really making any sense so far... We've almost covered everything and whenever I even attempt a past paper I don't really feel like I know how to answer..Any advice???

Practice is key tbh
But the Calvin cycle is to do with photosynthesis

Posted from TSR Mobile
But the Calvin cycle is to do with photosynthesis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not the point - drawing the cycles and diagrams isn't what will get you the marks - knowing what happens step by step is what will. In the case of the ornithine cycle, I think you just need the overall equation (sorry, I was half awake when I wrote the last reply)
Oh it doesn't tell me the over all equation in my book does any one know that?
It's okay don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have 280 ums at the moment including an estimate for A2 controlled assessment do you think I can scrape an A? I had 246 UMS in as but my controlled assessment for A2 dragged me down. Im really worried i was so confident of getting an A for Bio
Original post by TopPhysio
I have 280 ums at the moment including an estimate for A2 controlled assessment do you think I can scrape an A? I had 246 UMS in as but my controlled assessment for A2 dragged me down. Im really worried i was so confident of getting an A for Bio

What did you get in the practicals? You're on track, and you got an A at AS, what are you worrying about hahah
As long as you get an A in the exams you're alright
Original post by AnnekaChan173
What did you get in the practicals? You're on track, and you got an A at AS, what are you worrying about hahah
As long as you get an A in the exams you're alright

I got 29 out of 40 so I have to get 2 A's in the a2 exams and an extra 8 ums so 120 ums from my 2 A2 exams Im not sure I can pull that off but i guess I just have to give it my best shot.
Do we need to know how bacterial conjugation works please? (page 177 in the textbook!)...
Has anyone done all the biology practicals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone done all the biology practicals?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. Finished a while back. Praying the boundaries are lower.

Original post by TopPhysio
I got 29 out of 40 so I have to get 2 A's in the a2 exams and an extra 8 ums so 120 ums from my 2 A2 exams Im not sure I can pull that off but i guess I just have to give it my best shot.

Alright, well I got 27/8 last year and at came out with an A so its not impossible (granted that was AS). 29 won't give you a huge amount of UMS, so work hard on revising all the content! :smile:
Reply 455
Anyone got the June 2015 F215 paper and mark scheme?
hi guys,

has anyone done the woodlice isa practical and evaluative? i'm on my last chance on these isa's so any help would be highly appreciated.
i've done the immobilised enzymes lipase practical and evaluative and the chromotogram practical as well if anyone needs help with that
thanks in advance
Original post by domcandrews
hi guys,

has anyone done the woodlice isa practical and evaluative? i'm on my last chance on these isa's so any help would be highly appreciated.
i've done the immobilised enzymes lipase practical and evaluative and the chromotogram practical as well if anyone needs help with that
thanks in advance

I have my evaluative woodlice one tomorrow also so any help would be greatly appreciated
Original post by a123a
Anyone got the June 2015 F215 paper and mark scheme?

Lol

I want it as well :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys i'm a bit confused and was wondering anyone could help
To get an a* overall in the A2 units you need 270 UMS and on the OCR website it says students need to have 90% in all their A2 units
but if someone got a high A in their A2 PSAs and then high A*s in their 2 exams so their UMS still added up to 270 would they be awarded an A* or an A?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending