The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Notorious BITC
Don't be so patronising, it was hardly a mistake in the first place...

lol
Reply 5201
Gibson Dunn have finally moved in case anyone else was anxiously waiting for a response.
Original post by tehforum
lol

Are you in this thread to contribute or to annoy everyone?
Reply 5203
Original post by CD2015
Gibson Dunn have finally moved in case anyone else was anxiously waiting for a response.

Cheers - with offers of interview, or rejections so far?
Original post by Notorious BITC
If I was the one who wished to write so formally and correctly even on an 'informal forum,' I personally wouldn't have written "lol."

u 8 da b8 m8
Original post by mjsf
Cheers - with offers of interview, or rejections so far?

Interview invites...
Original post by Chianti1
Nothing yet, I don't know of anyone who has heard from Barclays either way. Do you?

No...no rejections or offers yet!
Original post by CD2015

Same for me - I got invited for an interview, not sure if I'll accept it though given my exam timetable...
Still waiting on Mishcon de Reya post video interview (7 weeks ago now so presumably a PFO)... Is anyone else still waiting to hear back?
Original post by benbutterworth
Still waiting on Mishcon de Reya post video interview (7 weeks ago now so presumably a PFO)... Is anyone else still waiting to hear back?

i'm still waiting too. i emailed and they said they had a problem with the system so they are still reviewing video interviews and then gonna let us know. i wouldn't hold your breath for a response any time in the next 2 weeks
How have people found the Weightmans test?
Original post by Jingojango
How have people found the Weightmans test?

Have you completed it yet?
I think I might have to do mine tomorrow.
What's the convention for when one has been offered a VS place but still has outstanding applications to hear back from? I don't want to let my place go but at the same time I want to keep my options open...
Original post by untitled63
What's the convention for when one has been offered a VS place but still has outstanding applications to hear back from? I don't want to let my place go but at the same time I want to keep my options open...

Depends on whether you're content with the VS you've got.

If so, then you'd email HR of the remaining law firms and ask to cancel your application so you give someone else a chance at a VS.

If not, then you wait for the outcome of your application, then email HR if you want to do give someone else a VS should you be successful.
Original post by Omiclops
i'm still waiting too. i emailed and they said they had a problem with the system so they are still reviewing video interviews and then gonna let us know. i wouldn't hold your breath for a response any time in the next 2 weeks

I'm still waiting too.. did they give you a rough time scale of how long the wait would be or are you just presuming two weeks? Best of luck! Didn't you say in another post your application status had changed to assessment centre?
Original post by vikkis20
I'm still waiting too.. did they give you a rough time scale of how long the wait would be or are you just presuming two weeks? Best of luck! Didn't you say in another post your application status had changed to assessment centre?

i'm presuming 2 weeks though they did say "in due course". yes my status changed to assessment day, but now the status is merely blank so i have no idea what has gone on - whether the system messed up or they changed their minds - so i'm not holding my breath. what does the status of yours say?
i'm presuming 2 weeks though they did say "in due course". yes my status changed to assessment day, but now the status is merely blank so i have no idea what has gone on - whether the system messed up or they changed their minds - so i'm not holding my breath. what does the status of yours say?

Have you heard from BJ?
Original post by Yazooo
Have you completed it yet?
I think I might have to do mine tomorrow.

I completed mine on Tuesday. Seems ok, slightly surprised by the format but I thought some of the questions could have had multiple answers, depending on your personality. Hope it goes well for you. Was just interested to see what others thought.

Ah okay, that's strange then. Yeah mine's blank too don't worry! Mine said Video Interview for ages but now its gone blank.
Original post by Jingojango
I completed mine on Tuesday. Seems ok, slightly surprised by the format but I thought some of the questions could have had multiple answers, depending on your personality. Hope it goes well for you. Was just interested to see what others thought.

What was the format?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending