can anyone help ?
P.S. New to TSR :smile:

Neeeeed help !
Original post by Yua
what was your UMS in as?

Bio? It was like 260ish. Eh. I'm forgetful
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Ffs, that's too high to be a C you have to be joking
Yeah, the thing is, I'm not -bad- at maths, but I tend to freak out a lot more. I got As in stats and C1 and a B in C2, which brought me down as my As were borderline. I'm retaking C1 and C2 to try and bump my UMS up. Guess I've gotta hit the papers soon, .

30 for a C last year but I'm not expecting a lot because lol who am I kidding, it's coursework and my teacher plays by the rules. I'm trying for an A but I'll be contempt with a B overall.

Surely you must find core 1 and 2 a walk in the park now? I'm the same, my As were on the borderline so my B brought me down but it was only because I have an allele that expresses for innate behaviour that causes me to make simple arithmetic errors all the time. Sadly, I don't have an operator that codes for a transcription factor on that particular operon, so transcription is inevitable :/.
Reply 523
Any help ?
Biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
30 for a C last year but I'm not expecting a lot because lol who am I kidding, it's coursework and my teacher plays by the rules. I'm trying for an A but I'll be contempt with a B overall.

Surely you must find core 1 and 2 a walk in the park now? I'm the same, my As were on the borderline so my B brought me down but it was only because I have an allele that expresses for innate behaviour that causes me to make simple arithmetic errors all the time. Sadly, I don't have an operator that codes for a transcription factor on that particular operon, so transcription is inevitable :/.

I do, that's the thing! I need an A at this point -freaks out- I honestly don't know what happened last year, but obviously there was a mutation in my genes that code for retarded error checker proteins, so the enzyme that makes me more alert to my awful maths just wasn't very functional. Must have been a frameshift, because it basically doesn't exist. It's rough being human, if only we were E. coli... no A2 exams...

Original post by bburn96
Any help ?
Biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

yo what's your question
Reply 525
What are main points in the evaluative regarding animal behaviour
I need to get 30 out 40

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do, that's the thing! I need an A at this point -freaks out- I honestly don't know what happened last year, but obviously there was a mutation in my genes that code for retarded error checker proteins, so the enzyme that makes me more alert to my awful maths just wasn't very functional. Must have been a frameshift, because it basically doesn't exist. It's rough being human, if only we were E. coli... no A2 exams...

I recommend operant conditioning to reinforce better checking :] in all seriousness though, maths is gr8 and easy to revise for once you get your head down and do the papers. Sadly, biology is a bit trickier to revise for
I recommend operant conditioning to reinforce better checking :] in all seriousness though, maths is gr8 and easy to revise for once you get your head down and do the papers. Sadly, biology is a bit trickier to revise for

I usually end up rewarding myself way too much though! I need to break the cycle, sigh
idk, I find Bio easier to revise for without wanting to break down and cry in a corner hahahahahaha -cries-
Reply 528
Biology is a wonderful subject *lying*
So operant conditioning
What about limitations and improvements ..... Ik am asking alot ... but I need every mark to go to uniiiii

Posted from TSR Mobile
I usually end up rewarding myself way too much though! I need to break the cycle, sigh
idk, I find Bio easier to revise for without wanting to break down and cry in a corner hahahahahaha -cries-

It's the monotony of learning cold hard facts that I can't quite do in biology, if there's a story to tell, like in oxidative phosphorylation then it's easier but if it's stuff like liver histology, I struggle.
It's the monotony of learning cold hard facts that I can't quite do in biology, if there's a story to tell, like in oxidative phosphorylation then it's easier but if it's stuff like liver histology, I struggle.

That's good though, since that's where the marks are! You're not going to get a 12 mark on liver histology. I just try and make stupid mnemonics to keep me interested. Like for remembering the taxonomic groups, King Philip Came Over For Good Sex. Somehow I still remember it from AS, so I can't be that awful hahah! Not sure if I'm tired of revising right now, or just tired. That mock just killed my energy levels and self esteem -sobs-
That's good though, since that's where the marks are! You're not going to get a 12 mark on liver histology. I just try and make stupid mnemonics to keep me interested. Like for remembering the taxonomic groups, King Philip Came Over For Good Sex. Somehow I still remember it from AS, so I can't be that awful hahah! Not sure if I'm tired of revising right now, or just tired. That mock just killed my energy levels and self esteem -sobs-

Haha see mine was Keep Pond Clean Or Froggy Gets Sick. Which is a little less... Random. Hey, it's cool, we still have over. Month til these exams so the panic hasn't started just yet
Haha see mine was Keep Pond Clean Or Froggy Gets Sick. Which is a little less... Random. Hey, it's cool, we still have over. Month til these exams so the panic hasn't started just yet

Never liked frogs hahah! But that's a good one too! Nah, the panic has definitely started to settle in here, I'm just not sure how worried I should be so far. I feel like I've forgotten F214 with all the f215 I've been doing recently
yeah, make sure you know two external factors that could affect the way the woodlice react... my teacher kept mentioning vibrations :smile: probably advise doing a bar graph with a key and leave spaces between all the bars for clarity! Ive got the immobilised enzyme eval coming up soon so would appreciate some help if you could pls :smile:
Reply 534
We finished before Easter so we just do papers in lessons, my teacher marks them then we go through them as a class. I'm really glad my teacher is doing that because we constantly have to go through F214 and F215
Reply 535
So we have to do a graph
What sort of limitations and improvements are they looking for ?
😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are beta galactosidase and lactose permease, the enzymes synthesised when lactose is present in the environment, considered secondary metabolites? Because they are not synthesised during normal growth but only at specific stages of growth. Is this correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just realised that they wouldn't be considered as secondary metabolites because they would be synthesised in the lag phase when the organism is adjusting to the new environment.

However how can a secondary metabolite then be defined as a substance produced not during the normal growth of an organism... If the microorganism is never subjected to a lactose environment it would never synthesise beta galactosidase as it only synthesises the enzyme when lactose is present.

Or have I misunderstood and it is infact a secondary metabolite still?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hilton184
Are beta galactosidase and lactose permease, the enzymes synthesised when lactose is present in the environment, considered secondary metabolites? Because they are not synthesised during normal growth but only at specific stages of growth. Is this correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say they are primary metabolites because they are produced during normal growth ( i.e enzymes are proteins made from transcription and translation), I thinking only antibiotics and some other drugs are made as secondary metabolites (things that the organism doesn't really utilise)

I think metabolites relate to biotechnology, so somesort of human input is required but then again we can change the environments i.e add lactose etc
Original post by Hilton184
I've just realised that they wouldn't be considered as secondary metabolites because they would be synthesised in the lag phase when the organism is adjusting to the new environment.

However how can a secondary metabolite then be defined as a substance produced not during the normal growth of an organism... If the microorganism is never subjected to a lactose environment it would never synthesise beta galactosidase as it only synthesises the enzyme when lactose is present.

Or have I misunderstood and it is infact a secondary metabolite still?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aren't they two different scenarios -one with lactose environment and one without. You cannot really class them as metabolites when lactose isn't present since there is no input of 'nutrients', but can when lactose is present :smile:

I think :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending