Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katiecharc
Feel like the only person that hasn't gotten an unconditional :frown:

I didn't get one either! Finally found someone who didn't, thought I was alone :frown:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
My son got one for Sports rehab!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Conditional here
I got an unconditional to study Psychology starting this year, amazed!
Hey, I've got an unconditional to study Psychology at Hull too, I was surprised as well!
Oh, see you there then!
Had my offer changed from 300 UCAS points to a B in mathematics. I'm going to be studying physics!
Its really interesting what they did. When I called the University up, to ask about the letter to make sure it wasn't some sick late April Fools joke, they said that a lot of people were not taking up offers from Hull because they had at least one unconditional offer elsewhere and it was simply easier, so they were gonna take a huge cut in students. So they started to give out unconditional offers to their best applicants. Its pretty sweet for all of us who now have literally the weight of the world taken off our shoulders, but my teachers have been very unenthusiastic.
Got an unconditional to study Computer Science with Games Development! Made it my firm choice yesterday.

Anyone know anything about the accommodation and where would be best to stay for the first year?
Depends what you are looking to get from the accommodation.
Original post by espurred
Got an unconditional to study Computer Science with Games Development! Made it my firm choice yesterday.

Anyone know anything about the accommodation and where would be best to stay for the first year?

Congrats on the unconditional :smile:

From what I gather, most first years go for The Lawns. There are some catered/self catered depending on what you want. They're about 3 miles from campus but you get a free bus pass. Some rooms have ensuite too.

Taylor Court is on campus, but has a longer let and is more expensive. Normally used by international students and students on courses with a longer teaching year.

Student houses are closer to campus, maybe like a 5 minute walk max? Not ensuite, but have a range of room sizes.
Made Hull my insurance choice and got an unconditional offer through the post yesterday, loving life!
Is the offer still unconditional if we put it as our insurance?

Cause I got a letter the other day which changed it to unconditional - im studying Computer Science
Original post by Alex008
Is the offer still unconditional if we put it as our insurance?

Cause I got a letter the other day which changed it to unconditional - im studying Computer Science

It's only if you make it your firm choice.
Original post by justyna.malkiew
It's only if you make it your firm choice.

So what happens if I make it my insurance?
Original post by Alex008

Then it stays conditional.
Original post by Alex008

You could always risk it. I had a lowered offer a while ago to EEE before so long as it was my firm choice. I made it my insurance a few weeks ago (so that went out the window) but then got a letter on Friday saying my offer was changed to unconditional even as my insurance. They said it was because of my personal statement, predicted grades and stuff, so maybe you could risk it as your insurance!
Hull have dropped 12 places in the rankings, student numbers have dropped significantly so they are offering everyone unconditional. It's a bad uni at the moment, don't be fooled by their sales pitch.
I beg to differ, I'm sorry but I think that's not true.

Hull University is a great University, they have excellent facilities. The biomedical sciences laboratories for example have had a multi-million investment by the owner of Hull City Football Club and they are one of the best of it's kind in the whole country.

I'm sure the other departments in the uni are pretty impressive as well
Actually Hull University have considerably improved in recent years, especially high considering entry requirements when regarding Computer Science.

I wouldn't let disgruntledbio change your opinion, he has only made 3 posts with all of them being posts on this thread about how bad the uni is.

Quick Reply

Latest