The Student Room Group

Waiting time for an offer

Today I received emails from the university’s I have applied for saying they have received my application. Has anyone got an offer yet from any? If so how long was you waiting from this email? :smile:

I’m very impatient 😅
Original post by Emilybursell7
Today I received emails from the university’s I have applied for saying they have received my application. Has anyone got an offer yet from any? If so how long was you waiting from this email? :smile:

I’m very impatient 😅

The average time is 7 weeks. Some will reply sooner. Others wont reply until May. It is a case of waiting. Most students apply close to the deadline so universities have loads to deal with and will likely to add to the response time.
Reply 2
This is the time of year when Uni get deluged with applications - so you could be waiting a while.
Reply 3
My application was sent on the 15th Jan, I received offers on the 17th & 18th from 3 unis, just waiting for one more now and I'm so impatient 😂🤦*♀️
Reply 4
Original post by JessA1988
My application was sent on the 15th Jan, I received offers on the 17th & 18th from 3 unis, just waiting for one more now and I'm so impatient 😂🤦*♀️

Me too! I have the need to plan 😅I still haven’t heard anything. Where did you apply to :smile:
Reply 5
Me too! I have the need to plan 😅I still haven’t heard anything. Where did you apply to :smile:

University of Worcester
University of Gloucestershire
Birmingham City University
And I'm waiting on University of Birmingham although I'm 90% sure that will be a rejection.
I'm in Worcestershire and will be living at home (mature student) so needed one relatively close.
What about you? Hopefully you hear soon 🤞🏻
At this time of year it is very, very likely to be longer than 7 weeks. Anything quicker is a bonus.
Reply 7
Original post by JessA1988

University of Worcester
University of Gloucestershire
Birmingham City University
And I'm waiting on University of Birmingham although I'm 90% sure that will be a rejection.
I'm in Worcestershire and will be living at home (mature student) so needed one relatively close.
What about you? Hopefully you hear soon 🤞🏻

I’ve applied to University of Hull and Sheffield Hallam. I live in Hull and didn’t want to be far from home 🙂 Hope you enjoy uni!
Reply 8
I’ve applied to University of Hull and Sheffield Hallam. I live in Hull and didn’t want to be far from home 🙂 Hope you enjoy uni!

🤞🏻 you get where you want. Hope you enjoy too!

I’m very impatient 😅

Hey @emilybursell7,

I hope you're keeping well :smile:

You really don't need to worry too much! While some universities might reply sooner, as others have said, it's typically several weeks (sometimes even months) before you receive offers - applying before the 31st Jan means Universities have until May to send a response! Hang tight, enjoy the anticipation, and focus on other things in the meantime.
I promise you though, the universities will be in touch as soon as there's news!

Warm regards,

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative
Good luck everyone waiting for offers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending