The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

I didn't think it was an 'easy' paper, quite a few questions with tricky parts.

Expect average(ish) boundaries.

THANKS SO MUCH

But awh i have some questions..

For q4..i opted to using the Sn=n/2 (a+L) as opposed to your answer would i loose all marks since i did it that way???

And also for qs i only time to get to 8y2-9y+1=0 and then factorised it wrong but somehow got y=1 so x=0 would i get any marks there?

And the last qs, 10b.....i only had time to finding the gradient of the tangent to be -1/2 would i get one mark for that?

Awh so gutted :frown:
Reply 281
For question 5, I subbed in p=3 to see whether it was inclusive and exclusive and got p>3+2r2 and P<3-2r2 as I found it was exclusive. Because I did it this way rather than graphing it, do I lose any marks?
Can you get 100 UMS without getting full marks? Got 70/75 hopefully (forgot what to do on q7) what do you reckon the UMS is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, I messed up worse than I thought. Was aiming for at least 70/75, but pretty sure I haven't got past 60...
Hello guys, I will really appreciate if anyone gives an answer to this question:frown:
So if in one of the questions i did 2 ways of solving it and one of the ways was correct, however i didn't state that was the right answer, will i still get the marks?
Reply 285
Original post by TheRavenclaw
Wow, I messed up worse than I thought. Was aiming for at least 70/75, but pretty sure I haven't got past 60...

happens sometimes ...
the marking scheme might work better than you think. This happens too ...
Reply 286
Original post by ALEVEL_STUDENT
Can you get 100 UMS without getting full marks? Got 70/75 hopefully (forgot what to do on q7) what do you reckon the UMS is

Posted from TSR Mobile

my estimate for full is 74-75
Original post by ainura.km
Hello guys, I will really appreciate if anyone gives an answer to this question:frown:
So if in one of the questions i did 2 ways of solving it and one of the ways was correct, however i didn't state that was the right answer, will i still get the marks?

I did the exact same thing as you, and yes i think you would still get the marks:smile:
For question 9, i used sn=11 then i used it for n=9 for a,L of 32000 but got the wrong answer. how many marks would i lose?
anyone have any idea how many ums i could get for 67/75 :smile:
Potentially a 75/75 because I can't remember what I did in 6b.
For question four i used the Sn= n/2(a+L) formula would i loose all marks for a wrong method?? I thought that would have been right?
Original post by Mr mysterious
I did the exact same thing as you, and yes i think you would still get the marks:smile:

Aaagh thank you! I was stressed about it cause in some other subjects they usually mark only first method/answer..but anyway feel much better now and hope we'll both get the marks:smile:
Original post by Arsey
If you look on this site, you will find that I have posted my solutions to the 2014(R) papers. Normally in the UK solutions thread.

I don't do S3

realistically speaking from your knowledge, for 10b, if i used the gradient of the normal and used that to find x exactly how you did, but obviously not get the correct value, how many marks would i get? 1 or 2? I mean surely the method of application is correct, its jus i got jumbled up in the test didn't have enough time so I rushed through it :frown:
Reply 294
Ok, listen up guys, for 10b I did the differentiated equation(gradient, Call it e1), multiplied by the gradient of the equation for the normal (call it e2) and multiplied them together to equal -1 : so e1*e2= -1

and then manipulated the algebra to get x=3/2. Is this right???????????????????????????
That exam was relatively "easy" but definitely lots of mistakes to be made. And unfortunately I made them :albertein:

For q10 how many marks would I get if I integrated f(x) incorrectly by 1 term but the rest of the method was correct(if the integral was the one I got). And also for 10b how many marks would I get if I set the dy/dx = 1 instead of 2. I forgot to divide by two :albertein:
Original post by ainura.km
Aaagh thank you! I was stressed about it cause in some other subjects they usually mark only first method/answer..but anyway feel much better now and hope we'll both get the marks:smile:

In one of the mark schemes it says "Ignore wrong working or incorrect statements following a correct answer." So im pretty you'll get the marks then, what do you think you've got overall?:smile:
Original post by TheRavenclaw

Exactly the same, im gonna have to try kill C2/S1
Reply 298
For 6a I multipled by 2 but differentiated right and also used my part a) for part b) .. how many marks would I lose??
Reply 299
hey guys!
i counted 55/56.. what grade do you think this will be?

Latest

Trending

Trending