The Student Room Group

OCR G542 Psychology Monday 18th May *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepingwsirens
Does anyone have any tips for helping remember studies? It is literally impossible for me to remember these, I only know about 4/5 in detail, so if they don't come up in Section B I'm in trouble.

Try holah. (.co.uk)
[QUOTE=natashaellenx;55865721]I'm convinced that its impossible to learn all the content, I can only just remember 4 studies inside out, 15 is crazy, especially with approaches/perspectives aswell haha

It is impossible. I find it sort of ridiculous that we're expected to learn so much content because i don't see how it's possible... Especially with having more than 1 A level to learn on top of pyschology.
I don't know how it's possible for anyone to fully learn the content of psychology. Especially considering we are also studying other a levels which we have to study for. I'll seriously be surprised if I even scrape a C at this rate.
I am hoping that in section A, there aren't that many 4 mark questions, but instead 2 questions of 2 marks (if that makes sense? lol) cause last year the majority were all 4 markers and it made it a lot harder in my opinion.
Original post by Yupbrickingit
I don't know how it's possible for anyone to fully learn the content of psychology. Especially considering we are also studying other a levels which we have to study for. I'll seriously be surprised if I even scrape a C at this rate.

I made this post earlier in the thread:

It may be helpful to you.

Original post by moment of truth
Be smart with your revision.

If there are any studies which you really don't like, for example Savage-Rumbaugh, Reicher and Haslam etc then don't bother revising them completely, because even if they come up in section B you won't pick them if you hate them. Yes, there will be a 4 mark question in section A but you could possibly wing it if it is an easy question, or you lose a few marks.

Same with section C, if there are any approaches and perspectives that you don't like, then maybe don't revise them as much. With section C there is more of a risk because the ones you hate may be the ones that come up :eek: but definitely be clever with your revision. I am not revising any of the perspectives (behaviourist came up last year, too) and am not gonna go over cognitive again (came up last year and unlikely to come up this year) but will go over the others.

For this exam, it is very hard and quite stupid if the examiners and OCR really expect us to learn every single study completely, I am sure they are expecting us to be a bit more clever about it :smile:
[QUOTE=moment of truth;55883825]I made this post earlier in the thread:

It may be helpful to you.

I only know a few study's in good detail for a section b and I'm scared that none of them will even come up... I'm not sure what I'll do if they don't.
Well I have come to the conclusion that I am failing.
Original post by moment of truth
I am hoping that in section A, there aren't that many 4 mark questions, but instead 2 questions of 2 marks (if that makes sense? lol) cause last year the majority were all 4 markers and it made it a lot harder in my opinion.

yes it was harder,i think that was one of the hardest on section A
Original post by Yupbrickingit
Well I have come to the conclusion that I am failing.

You and me both, hahaha! Just get some revision in today when you can, just do anything, you never know what you could end up remembering when you're actually doing the exam
Original post by BethCx
You need AT LEAST 2 implications in context of the improvement using psychological terms that relate back to the improvement effectively. The implications must be well explained!
To ensure you include context in both of the implications leave a gap between the two so that you don't think it is enough to include context in only one!
You will be fine!
Im more panicky about remembering all the aims to be honest :':wink:

Original post by BethCx
Oh and for the Improvement question you need it to be in context of the study to an extent so basically make sure you relate it back to the study and try to suggest change/s you could make which would improve your study....for example.... Maguire change 1: Make it a longditudinal study where you scan the taxi drivers before taking part in the knowledge and then every 6 months or so afterwards until 2 years after completeing the knowledge so that they act as their own control and you observe cause and effect/before and after - you are given more information and therefore the study is more useful and valid. Change 2: introduce another experimental group who also use their spatial navagation just in a different way .... for example, pilots! This makes the study more useful to greater groups of people, improves generalisation, makes the study more valid etc.... Try and also state certain things you are keeping the same and expand on points... but change 2 should always be shorter than change 1....it should be your backup point to an extent!
To be honest every improvement/change question should have 'sufficent detail to allow replication' :smile: BUT remember it is only 8 marks so you may only need one change but in 10/12 markers you would need 2 changes!
I hope this helps:smile:

This has helped me so much, thank you!! :^_^:
Reply 110
Hoping a nice paper comes up! could be the difference between an A and a B...
Original post by Sebmartin66
Hoping a nice paper comes up! could be the difference between an A and a B...

Or my more possible result, an E or a U... hahaha
Reply 112
Original post by natashaellenx

You'll be fine! why aren't you confident?
Original post by Sebmartin66
You'll be fine! why aren't you confident?

I guess it's the content of my answers or the depth of detail in them just isn't good enough :facepalm:
Reply 114
I guess it's the content of my answers or the depth of detail in them just isn't good enough :facepalm:

My depth of detail wasn't great, not because I didn't know it, I just simply didn't write enough down! are you referring to section A, B or C?
Hey, I I was just wondering what do people think they could ask you in Section C, part b in relation to the psychodynamic perspective or the developmental approach? Thank you😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shannolivia
Hey, I I was just wondering what do people think they could ask you in Section C, part b in relation to the psychodynamic perspective or the developmental approach? Thank you������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Developmental could be
Describe how the developmental approach could explain why one child can conserve whilst another cannot

Describe how the developmental approach could explain why one child is aggressive whereas another child is not

Describe how the developmental approach could explain phobias

Psychodynamic could be

Describe how the psychodynamic perspective could explain phobias

Describe how the psychodynamic perspective could explain MPD

(these are examples in a book I have)

I think I'll join you there:mad: not confident with this exam at all!!
what studies do you think will come up in section b?
Reply 119
piece of advice,do try your best, cause im retaking core studies cause i didnt revising for it last year and now i've had to relearn it as well as the 60 something studies for A2.overall i got a D for As pyschology and an E in the core studies exam and i regret not working hard on it. but tbf there paper was horrible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending