The Student Room Group

OCR G542 Psychology Monday 18th May *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

On the Rosenhan Section A question it asked to outline 2 ways in which the pseudo patients behaved and I put something along the lines of 'they were told to stop showing symptoms and act completely normal' - is that an acceptable answer for one of the two ways?
Original post by veryscared123
yh i think i got confused by the graph too i put no correlation but positive is right

yeah it was confusing, even the line of best fit didn't seem like it was in the right place ahaha
Original post by themoocher
oh thank god!! when i first read it i was like no this it too easy.... so then i properly read it but im not sure whether i over thinking it aha!

That was the same thought process as me I was starting talking about correlation then was like wait there's a negative number so I just wrote about the positive part of the graph lol probs gonna be wrong cus no one else I know did the same 😢
Original post by annieprincess
For ethics, I wrote as much as I could remember. I wrote informed consent, deception, they were made to feel as they'd no right to withdraw (because of the prods). Then at the end, I wrote how despite all ethical problems, they were debriefed at the end.

For the results, I wrote that 65% obeyed to 450 volts, 35% disobeyed as they only continued to 300 volts or more. Also said that all participants continued to at least 300 volts. For qual I wrote most showed signs of nervousness e.g. laughing fits, digging nails into flesh, etc. I also wrote that 3 participants experienced full blown seizures, one of which was so bad the experiment had to be stopped.

do you think's okay that I put that 3 had severe fits and one had a fit so severe they had to be removed, instead of seizures?
Original post by amy_eliz3
do you think's okay that I put that 3 had severe fits and one had a fit so severe they had to be removed, instead of seizures?

I think you could be okay, it depends who is marking it, really. Even if you don't get a mark for it, you'll get marked for everything else.
Original post by JgR1997
I spokeabout how they addressed possible ethical issues, so confidentiality participants details were not published eg age, gender, occupation and then also debriefing because participants were asked whether or not they would like to listen to the verbalisations they had made (basically I repeated what had previously came up on a markscheme)

Oh, I didn't think of confidentiality. I said the same things with the verbalisations though

Yeah my textbook says violent convulsions, not seizures, anyways. I don't think it matters it's the same thing!
Original post by annieprincess
I think you could be okay, it depends who is marking it, really. Even if you don't get a mark for it, you'll get marked for everything else.

alright thanks :smile: hoping for a nice examiner to mark it aha!
Original post by Rstlss
Am I the only one who found Section A harder then section B & C?
I just really hope I got an A, I messed up on the Monkey study, Griffiths & Reicher & haslam. I lost around 12 marks just there alone so leaving me with a best of 48/60, take into account some other mistakes around 44? I think I did really well on the other 30/36? & 20/24? Really hoping I didn't mess up to bad on the section A and some of my guesses were right. Would be really gutted if I don't get an A :'(

I know this is last year but you could drop 28 marks and still get an A last year!
Original post by gemmax6x
Yeah my textbook says violent convulsions, not seizures, anyways. I don't think it matters it's the same thing!

thank you!! that makes me feel a lot better! :biggrin: i have just always remembered it as fits haha but glad it isn't standardised as seizures in all textbooks
thank you!! that makes me feel a lot better! :biggrin: i have just always remembered it as fits haha but glad it isn't standardised as seizures in all textbooks

They mean the same, it's like using the word upset instead of sad, there's really no difference you'll be absolutely fine!
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431978775.278462.jpg

This was the grade boundaries from last year!

81 = A so this was slightly lower than usual

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shannolivia
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431978775.278462.jpg

This was the grade boundaries from last year!

81 = A so this was slightly lower than usual

Posted from TSR Mobile

June 2013 was 81 too wasn't it?
I've just realise I wrote about the Piliavin victims rather than models and I've never felt so stupid. Seriously hoping it doesn't affect my overall grade, I really need an A this year :s-smilie:. What percentage of the final grade is this exam worth?
Original post by MCmnbvgyuio
I've just realise I wrote about the Piliavin victims rather than models and I've never felt so stupid. Seriously hoping it doesn't affect my overall grade, I really need an A this year :s-smilie:. What percentage of the final grade is this exam worth?

70%
No need to alarm anyone who wrote background for the 'why was your chosen study conducted question' but they asked the same question last year and the mark scheme states that you should have provided an aim.... Its only 2 marks though!!!
Original post by gemmax6x
70%

Can someone help?

for the graph question on maquire i didn't say anything about correlations and said something along the lines of how the longer time as taxi driver the higher the right posterior hippocampus? would this be right?
Original post by Lizcookk
That was the same thought process as me I was starting talking about correlation then was like wait there's a negative number so I just wrote about the positive part of the graph lol probs gonna be wrong cus no one else I know did the same 😢

Same i wrote positive correlation then scribbled it out haha!
I'm like 99% sure we're right because otherwise they've just given us the answer, like it's an a level exam!
Will i get any marks for just stating strengths and weaknesses of th psychodynamic approach not specifically about ethics?
To everyone freaking out about the Maguire question... I am 99% sure it was positive correlation. Mainly because it's positive correlation between volume change and time spent as a taxi driver in the actual study, and also the numbers (you're saying -8 and +8? That's still an increase) are totally irrelevent - the line of best fit showed positive correlation, as as the change in volume increased, so did the time spent as a taxi driver in months. There's pretty much been a question in every previous exam paper, but for example stating the findings in Dement and Kleitman - you literally just get given the answers and have to write them down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending