The Student Room Group

Economics Unit 2 Edexcel - Managing the UK economy Tuesday 19th May 2015 (PM)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by nurav11
They aren't, you just need to know they always balance out the current account in the balance of payments + what makes up the current account (net trade values + current transfers)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I have not been taught that, cheers!
Guys, what factors cause a movement along AD and what shift it?
I am confusednwith the real balance effect stuff...
Reply 402
Original post by prepdream
Guys, what factors cause a movement along AD and what shift it?
I am confusednwith the real balance effect stuff...

Consumption
Investment
Government spending
Exports minus imports
exams in the afternoon right?
just making sure...
Help

Is quantative easing and money supply the same thing in monetry policy
[QUOTE=golden tribe;55956441]Help

Is quantative easing and money supply the same thing in monetry policy

Isn't quantitative easing what increases the money supply by adding it electronically rather than producing it by printing money off? It's not technically the same is it? Isn't it just a process?
Original post by Mowtoe
For the 30 marker my teacher suggests 8.
Ist paragraph should be your introduction
The other paragraphs should include your KAA and evaluation. 4 KAA points and 3 evaluation points or vice versa :smile:

Oh really? I got recommended to do 6 paragraphs by my teacher. Thanks.
Original post by irMike
Number of paragraphs is subjective, depends whether you put your Evaluation together with your KAA or not.

For eight markers, One paragraph for definitions/data, One for the first point, and another for the second point. So three short paragraphs

12 markers: One paragraph for definitions and data, second paragraph for A point and evaluation, and a third paragraph for a second point, and more evaluation

30 markers: Four paragraphs, same as the 12 marker but with another paragraph for Point + Evaluation, and the paragraphs should be really detailed

Thanks, now I know what to do in the exam hall.
Original post by ChrisP97
I can't remember seeing any questions in past papers relating to the financial and capital account. Anyone know if they are part of the specification?

They aren't in the spec :smile: it's just the current account.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .JC.
Well I have not been taught that, cheers!

No worries! Which did you mean though, the current transfers or the financial/capital account stuff?
Original post by icecreamcake
They aren't in the spec :smile: it's just the current account.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by nurav11
They aren't, you just need to know they always balance out the current account in the balance of payments + what makes up the current account (net trade values + current transfers)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great thats a relief, thanks
Original post by Hai_Ann
Thanks, now I know what to do in the exam hall.

Good thing is, unlike micro, all the 12 markers will only ever involve 4 marks tops for eval so it's far more KAA based than unit 1.
Is money supply the same as quantative easing
Reply 413
Original post by nurav11
No worries! Which did you mean though, the current transfers or the financial/capital account stuff?

Both :colondollar:
Original post by .JC.
Both :colondollar:

Ahah fair enough, you don't need to know them anyway so no biggie :wink:. If you were making a point about hot money flow into the UK going up due to high interest rates then you could mention that it's an increase in the financial account surplus (as financial account is a record of all financial transactions between the UK and the rest of the world, e.g any foreign direct investment) which would therefore lead to a worsening current account deficit, since BoP must always be 0, caused by appreciation of pound and exports being less price-competitive and more expensive.

Current transfers is a tiny part of the current account, barely worth mentioning, if you're really stuck for an eval point about the current account deficit you could probably mention, 'in evaluation, current account deficit may not worsen as much as expected due to current transfers rising, counteracting the change'. It's basically a transaction in which the paying party receives nothing of economic value in return, so a bailout, foreign aid and government grants to foreign companies come under this category.
Original post by nurav11
Good thing is, unlike micro, all the 12 markers will only ever involve 4 marks tops for eval so it's far more KAA based than unit 1.

Phew~! It's a lot more easier then.
how are marks broken up in 4 marks 8 marks 12 marks 14 marks 16 marks and 30 marks?
As a student who is re doing her Unit 2 exam from last year, I doubt it will be on Supply Side polices as this was in the exam last year as was Productivity and Monetary Policy. My bets that it's going to be Fiscal policy...
Original post by anushkagupta4
how are marks broken up in 4 marks 8 marks 12 marks 14 marks 16 marks and 30 marks?

30 marker is 18 KAA and 12 EVA
Original post by Olive_1996
As a student who is re doing her Unit 2 exam from last year, I doubt it will be on Supply Side polices as this was in the exam last year as was Productivity and Monetary Policy. My bets that it's going to be Fiscal policy...

Supply wasnt on it last year, it was any policy for the first question and monetry for the second question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending