The Student Room Group

Economics Unit 2 Edexcel - Managing the UK economy Tuesday 19th May 2015 (PM)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jemy
I have confidence in either case there should be at least 15-18 marks to be gained, meaning if we did well on the other 50's worth then it should still be an A.

But yeah this is insane, the confusion on this matter is ridiculous seems almost like a half way rift; which makes me suspect maybe both between and at least the being in the question.

@bad
I shall keep you updated. Might get my hands tomorrow on one of those spare papers, I am in a small school and was the only candidate, might smooth talk someone :wink:

Hey, if you don't mind, please keep me updated as well. Really eager to find out :smile:
If it is actually something in between, hopefully grade boundaries will go lower :frown:
Reply 781
Original post by jimbo1234567890
their has never been a repeated 30 marker or 14 marker only the smaller 1s have

And those on their own right are also unique and not repeated due to different extracts to reference back to each time...
Reply 782
For the 2nd 30 marker on supply side policies I mentioned
Education and training
Privatisation
Decrease minimum wage so firms can take on more unemployed workers boosting productivity and RNO
are the all valid? (Especially minimum wage as it seems no ones used that?)
Original post by Jemy
And those on their own right are also unique and not repeated due to different extracts to reference back to each time...

thus it can not be between
Reply 784
Original post by prepdream
Hey, if you don't mind, please keep me updated as well. Really eager to find out :smile:
If it is actually something in between, hopefully grade boundaries will go lower :frown:

Will do! And I doubt it, people seem to be have been satisfied with question 2. Only reason I chose question 1 was due to my expertise on Britain's economy, I thought **** that productivity crap, yeah maybe should have reconsidered...
Reply 785
Original post by jimbo1234567890
thus it can not be between

And the saga continues lol
I can't believe the majority of you did Q2! Q1 was a dream:h:
Original post by annngelx
I can't believe the majority of you did Q2! Q1 was a dream:h:

Do you remember the exact question for the 30 marker?
For the question about the current account deficit I said that one reason could be that we don't compete on quality. Obviously its not one of the obvious 'points but do you think they will accept it?
Original post by prepdream
Do you remember the exact question for the 30 marker?

I'm certain it was between haha, don't worry guys
For those of you who did Q1 -

Regarding the 4 marker on Monetary Policy, I just wrote that it is a demand-side policy where the MPC changes the rate of interest and uses other monetary instruments such as quantitative easing to influence the level of AD, and then I referred back to the data of how the government is encouraging expansionary monetary policy and interest rates fell to 0.5% in March 2009

Do you think that is enough to get all the marks?
Reply 791
Just a random idea, maybe it rings some bells.

To what extent do demand side policies conflict between the macroeconomic objectives of the economy?
Original post by Jemy
Just a random idea, maybe it rings some bells.

To what extent do demand side policies conflict between the macroeconomic objectives of the economy?

Then it gets even more confusing...
Original post by annngelx
For those of you who did Q1 -

Regarding the 4 marker on Monetary Policy, I just wrote that it is a demand-side policy where the MPC changes the rate of interest and uses other monetary instruments such as quantitative easing to influence the level of AD, and then I referred back to the data of how the government is encouraging expansionary monetary policy and interest rates fell to 0.5% in March 2009

Do you think that is enough to get all the marks?

Think it is enough. Data ref will give you 2 and extra information about MPC will give you 2.
Can someone write out their answer for the 30 marker on q1 - I did conflict 'with'. How many marks will I lose ....
Could someone possibly, if they remember, post all of the Questions to Question 1, so far I have.

30 Marker: To what extent do demand side policies conflict between the macroeconomic objectives of the economy?
Sorry but wat difference does with and between make... Demand side policies arent gonna directly conflict are they... Aint no boxin match goin on here!!!

Ps: I did q2 btw... Lol
Original post by eatthetree
Could someone possibly, if they remember, post all of the Questions to Question 1, so far I have.

30 Marker: To what extent do demand side policies conflict between the macroeconomic objectives of the economy?

From my previous post:
I remembered that they asked why saving ratios changed, how house prices affect UK economy, explain monetary policy, how budget deficit affect circular flow of income, why MPC decided to lower interest rates and keep it like that since March 09, how low and stable inflation affects UK economy and 30 markers was how demand-side policies lead to macroeconomics objectives conflicts
Are these points right: for benefits of low inflation and how many marks?

1.) increase in competitiveness as goods relatively cheaper- so increased exports- improves CA
EV=increased exports- appreciation of currency so actually decrease competitiveness

2.) increased consumer and business confidence- increased AD - increased employment

EV- can't remember lol
Reply 799
Original post by eatthetree

Original post by badaman

'To what extent do demand side policies lead to conflicts between macroeconomic objectives'' (30 marks)

Now these are completely different, aren't they? If tree eater is correct then it is essentially with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending