The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone help me with timings? I'm confused about how much time we have for the essay and the rest of the paper 😔
It says on the front of the paper how much time they advise you to spend on each
Original post by butcher98
Can anyone help me with timings? I'm confused about how much time we have for the essay and the rest of the paper 😔

35 minutes - listening
40 minutes - reading
45 minutes - essay

however you can finish the listening and reading within 45 minutes max and spend over an hour doing the essay
thank you!
If advertising does come up can someone just run through the main advantages and disadvantages of it
if la publicité or la musique doesn't come up in the essay i'm just gonna cry and leave the room, honestly...... they're the only two topics i'm really confident on and they haven't been in a paper for YEARS so fingers crossed
Original post by tagliatilly
if la publicité or la musique doesn't come up in the essay i'm just gonna cry and leave the room, honestly...... they're the only two topics i'm really confident on and they haven't been in a paper for YEARS so fingers crossed

Can you quickly give the main advantages and disadvantages of les publicités coz it my weakest topic as I lost my notes for it
Original post by faizanfaizan
If advertising does come up can someone just run through the main advantages and disadvantages of it

Advantages:
1. They can be informative/educative - anti-smoking/anti-drinking adverts, for example.
2. Charities depend on them to persuade people to give money to a good cause.
3. Sometimes they're creative/artistic so they encourage creativity and originality etc.
4. They benefit the economy because they create new jobs.

Disadvantages:
1. They can be very expensive to make.
2. They're often sexist - they use inappropriate images of women etc.
3. They're annoying when they interrupt shows/films!!!

That's what I've got anyway, hope it helps a bit!! :smile:
Advantages:They can be informative/educative - anti-smoking/anti-drinking adverts, for example.
2. Charities depend on them to persuade people to give money to a good cause.
3. Sometimes they're creative/artistic so they encourage creativity and originality etc.
4. They benefit the economy because they create new jobs.

Disadvantages:

That's what I've got anyway, hope it helps a bit!! :smile:

That's great nice one and you could also talk about advertising for alcohol and dangers for kids
Original post by Nijuuninichi
I agree, I don't think La Publicité has been an essay question for years. I am so ready for it!

what are negatives of advertising other than creating unconscious desires?
Original post by KatieTyrrell

I usually say something about it persuading people to buy things they dont need and then possibly they spend too much and get into debt

Disadvantages:

These are the points I'd make!
Original post by alicecaitlin
I usually say something about it persuading people to buy things they dont need and then possibly they spend too much and get into debt

thank you ! xxx
Disadvantages:

These are the points I'd make!

thank you! xxx
hope everyone is prepared! :wink: the aqa essay examples are really useful if you need help

what are your points for music?xx
Has anyone else been told by a teacher about a change in format in this exam for tomorrow? Apparently different sections will be weighted differently??:s-smilie:

And if anyone has pros and cons/sample essays on music I would be entirely greatful:wink:
what are your points for music?xx

"Donnez votre opinion sur l’importance de la musique dans la vie des jeunes."
1. It helps you to destress after a long day at school/relax before exams
2. It can make you happy when you're sad/something bad has happened
3. It's a way of showing your mood/personality
4. It helps you make friends if you share a common interest
5. You can introduce/share music with your friends so it's social
6. Music concerts/festivals are social - you go with a group of friends and you can make new friends there

Hope this helps!!

Does anyone know of any other questions we could get for the music topic? Or would it pretty much just be this one?
Do people think that there will be a grammar gap fill section? There wasn't one on the Spanish exam his year
Original post by Azzer11
Do people think that there will be a grammar gap fill section? There wasn't one on the Spanish exam his year

Yes there was...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending