The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by contradicta
1. L’entraîneur ne regrette pas la décisionqu’il avait prise. (prendre)

Can some explain why this is 'prise' I've never seen this conjugation of prendre before!

Ooh actually it is wrong because you don't make the past participle agree unless you use "etre"

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Saraaa_d
That's definitely wrong. Pretty sure the 'e' is not supposed to be there. Searched it up on 'conjugation.fr' and 'prise' does not exist for the verb 'prendre'.

Thanks, must have been a typo :smile:
That's definitely wrong. Pretty sure the 'e' is not supposed to be there. Searched it up on 'conjugation.fr' and 'prise' does not exist for the verb 'prendre'.

Original post by ChloLa
Ooh actually it is wrong because you don't make the past participle agree unless you use "etre"Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually it is right.

I've jsut found this in my notes
" The perfect tense used with que when there is a direct object before the que means that the following verb/adjective MUST agree (even if avoir)!

I didn't think they could have something like that in the gap fill!!
Any tips for the grammar section at the end of the reading... I know vivre goes to vecu in the past particple and venir goes to venu... any other common verbs or adjectives that come up regularly??
Any helpful tips for the essay? Writing is my weakest section and I really want a good grade.
Original post by contradicta
Actually it is right.

I've jsut found this in my notes
" The perfect tense used with que when there is a direct object before the que means that the following verb/adjective MUST agree (even if avoir)!

I didn't think they could have something like that in the gap fill!!

My teacher always says if you see a 'que', alarm bells should be ringing - its either a subjunctive or this! Known as preceeding direct object agreement. This site explains it, one to look out for in case they throw in any curve balls in the gap fill!

http://www.languageguide.org/french/grammar/agreement/pdo_agreement.html
Original post by faizanfaizan
Any tips for the grammar section at the end of the reading... I know vivre goes to vecu in the past particple and venir goes to venu... any other common verbs or adjectives that come up regularly??

This is generally what comes up.

There is usually one infinitive after de/d', à or pour.
Avoir + past participle
Être + past participle + agreement
Il faut que + subj is common or ils veulent que je...
Watch out for irregular adjectives, also al --> aux and el --> elles (stuff like that)
Usually an en + gerund question (ant form)
si + imperfect... + conditional
J'adore le français, i'm hoping for a D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Mriffin
J'adore le français, i'm hoping for a D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay positive! Do some good overnight revision, maybe even some revision early in the morning tomorrow, try and aim for a B at least :smile:
Stay positive! Do some good overnight revision, maybe even some revision early in the morning tomorrow, try and aim for a B at least :smile:

My target grade, and the grade I want is an A, so I'm hoping for good essay questions.
Original post by student0042
My target grade, and the grade I want is an A, so I'm hoping for good essay questions.

That's brill, good luck, i'm sure you'll get the A!
That's brill, good luck, i'm sure you'll get the A!

Let's hope so. What grade are you aiming for?
Original post by student0042
Let's hope so. What grade are you aiming for?

I'm actually in A2 and resitting. I got an A last year, but it was a low A and because my target grade for this year is an A*, i've got to get a high A this time round, as A2 is much harder. So, hopefully, 105 ish/110
"je me leve, je me lave je me brusse mes dents" C'est mon chanson préféré!!! Les paroles sont inoubliables
I'm actually in A2 and resitting. I got an A last year, but it was a low A and because my target grade for this year is an A*, i've got to get a high A this time round, as A2 is much harder. So, hopefully, 105 ish/110

Well, good luck to you too.
Oh my word I'm absolutely terrified for tomorrow :s-smilie: I'm hoping the choice of essay titles could be on advertising or music perhaps? But I have a friend who takes both German and Spanish and she said that advertising came up for both exams so I don't really know if they'll have it for French too. :/
Original post by Noodle-Chan
Oh my word I'm absolutely terrified for tomorrow :s-smilie: I'm hoping the choice of essay titles could be on advertising or music perhaps? But I have a friend who takes both German and Spanish and she said that advertising came up for both exams so I don't really know if they'll have it for French too. :/

That's exactly my worry, I did German last week and chose advertising and I sat down in Spanish yesterday, opened the paper and they were practically the same essay questions! I really hope La Pub comes up tomorrow too aha
Hello

I'm an A2 student resitting this exam and I feel fine for the listening + reading section, my only concern is the essay as I haven't done the topics in ages and might struggle for ideas more than anything.

I thought you all might be interested in something my teacher told me today. She said that all awarding bodies have had to make changes to the assessment criteria for this summer's modern languages exams and so the questions may feel a little different (maybe a bit more difficult than past papers). She also said not to panic as the grade boundaries will be adjusted accordingly.

Just a heads up for all of you!
Original post by cfbillingham
That's exactly my worry, I did German last week and chose advertising and I sat down in Spanish yesterday, opened the paper and they were practically the same essay questions! I really hope La Pub comes up tomorrow too aha

Uh-huh, I don't really know if it's going to be a third time lucky thing! fingers cross! :biggrin:
Original post by cfbillingham

I don't think AQA will make all 3 languages having publicité as an essay question, so...be prepared for other questions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending