The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies Unit 2 Thursday 4th June 2015

Hi, I don't know if there is any other thread about this but I thought I would make it so AS Business students can ask questions leading up to the exam, and/or discuss how they are feeling about the exam and what they predict will be on it!

GCE Business Studies Unit 2 / BUSS2- 4th of June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, are there retakes for AS business in 2016??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this literally the only BUSS 2 thread? If there is another one someone link me please.
Has anyone got any predictions or seen any online for what will be in the paper?? Buss2 past papers always cover such different topics and it's hard to know what to focus on during revision
Reply 4
Original post by Kimberlybrett1
Has anyone got any predictions or seen any online for what will be in the paper?? Buss2 past papers always cover such different topics and it's hard to know what to focus on during revision

It is hard to predict what to come up as there is so much content, but there is a topic tracker which allows you to see what has come up recently and what hasn't: http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/tutor2u-media/subjects/business/documents/BUSS2_Topic_Tracker_2015.pdf?mtime=20150523074102
Can someone help how you actually answer the application of answers, everytime I look at the mark scheme for a question in unit 2 it makes no sense, and I don't get what I'm applying??
Original post by Oakley132
Can someone help how you actually answer the application of answers, everytime I look at the mark scheme for a question in unit 2 it makes no sense, and I don't get what I'm applying??

Application is just referencing to the case study. If your answer is specific to the case study then surely that is an example of application.
Reply 7
PED is very likely to come up guys
Reply 8
Original post by Oakley132

Basically, what it means is just when answering a question, you need to use the case study to back up your answer (arguement). What you are doing here is applying the case study to your arguement and you will be maximising your marks that you can get. You will get 'good application' if you interpret what the case study is saying and apply that to your answer. For example; if there is a cash flow forecast in the case study and there is a question asking about cash flow problems the business may incur, use the forecast figures to work out the Net Cash Flow, Closing Balance, different Inflows & Outflows that may be causing the problems. That's just one example, but using figures & numbers from a case study is the best form of application in the mark schemes eyes.

Hope this helped/.
can someone tell me about the analysis part cause thats one thing i do not get in the longer questions...
Original post by rahulkapur123
can someone tell me about the analysis part cause thats one thing i do not get in the longer questions...

have you heard of a chain analysis?
Original post by mmk123
PED is very likely to come up guys

How do you know PED is very likely to come up?
Has anyone noticed how knowledge marks are irrelevant in Q's over 8 marks if you're able to get 'good' analysis+application (and evaluation)? According to recent mark schemes anyways.. Do you think this would necessarily mean that laying definitions would not be required if one was able to produce 'good' analysis+application? I mean, I guess this would be useful as it would save a good total of 5-7 minutes which allows for strong evaluations.
Reply 13
Original post by sushanlol
Has anyone noticed how knowledge marks are irrelevant in Q's over 8 marks if you're able to get 'good' analysis+application (and evaluation)? According to recent mark schemes anyways.. Do you think this would necessarily mean that laying definitions would not be required if one was able to produce 'good' analysis+application? I mean, I guess this would be useful as it would save a good total of 5-7 minutes which allows for strong evaluations.

Geeza y u wana waste your time with an evaluation on the 7/8 markers?
Cut the crap, just apply and analyse. Move on.
Original post by BIGD777
Geeza y u wana waste your time with an evaluation on the 7/8 markers?
Cut the crap, just apply and analyse. Move on.

No you would only need to evaluate if its 12-15 marks. What I'm saying is, I don't think theres a point in writing definitions because you would get no additional marks for that if you write 'good' analysis and application. I think definitions only give you marks if your analysis and application is poor, according to the mark scheme.
Original post by hasan.raza035
have you heard of a chain analysis?

yes i have but sometimes can go off the point when doing the chain
the way ive been tought, is to find a starting point and end point from the case study, and make about 4 links in between. make sure to be concise as buss 2 is very time pressured
Original post by hasan.raza035
the way ive been tought, is to find a starting point and end point from the case study, and make about 4 links in between. make sure to be concise as buss 2 is very time pressured

what do you mean by startng point...so like finding the point from the case study which goes with the question???
for 13 and 14 mark questions do you do both sides to the argument? Because on some you do while others you don't.
I've been speaking to class mates and we all have conflicting answers for question 1 net profit margin in the unit 2 business exam since if I can remember correctly it stated that that the ticket price of £6.30 was what they had been charging for 2014 season instead of the previous price of £5.50. I got around 14% net profit just interested to see what others put

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending