The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

D1 tomorrow, I hope it's do-able without revision :redface:

Then only both Physics exams, FP2 and FP3 to go!
Original post by cerlohee
Does anyone know how rearranging modules works in maths?
Using the highest modules for Maths A2, I think they would give me
Maths: C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, S2
Further Maths: FP1, M1, M2

But would it be possible to rearrange to

Maths: C1, C2, C3, C4, M1, M2
Further Maths: FP1, S1, S2

??

And if so how would I do that? Thanks :biggrin:

Yeah you can definitely do that I think, I thought it was automatically done though so that you get the highest grade possible in both with the worst modules which still give you the highest single maths grade if that makes sense, which could be m1 s1, m1 m2, s1 s2

Hopefully that made sense but I was pretty sure that it was automatic 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JustaDreamer
First exam tomorrow, S2. :redface:

I have s2 tomorrow as well :smile: how are you feeling about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
FP2 was a really standard, fair paper this year

I'm reeeeeaaaaally hoping that although the AS have been tricky, the A2 are gonna be a bit more calm this year ...
Posted from TSR Mobile
@L'Evil Fish I repped the wrong post haha but thanku!!

Original post by NinjaPandaa
Yeah you can definitely do that I think, I thought it was automatically done though so that you get the highest grade possible in both with the worst modules which still give you the highest single maths grade if that makes sense, which could be m1 s1, m1 m2, s1 s2

Hopefully that made sense but I was pretty sure that it was automatic 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh I see I thought it was only done to automatically give you the highest in normal maths, and further was just the left overs!
Does anyone know how rearranging modules works in maths?
Using the highest modules for Maths A2, I think they would give me
Maths: C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, S2
Further Maths: FP1, M1, M2

But would it be possible to rearrange to

Maths: C1, C2, C3, C4, M1, M2
Further Maths: FP1, S1, S2

??

And if so how would I do that? Thanks :biggrin:

Modules will automatically be rearranged as follows:
1) They work out what the highest-possible grade you could get in Maths from those modules is.
2) They select for Maths the two applied modules that would give you the lowest A*/A/B/whatever the highest-possible grade is.
3) The remaining modules are put towards Further Maths to give you the highest possible grade there.
4) If there are multiple possible combinations of applied modules that would give you these grades, the modules giving the highest UMS score in Maths are chosen towards that.
Original post by _Caz_
I have s2 tomorrow as well :smile: how are you feeling about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feeling alright, I think it's just the 'pre-first exam' nerves atm :tongue: How are you feeling?
First exam tomorrow, S2. :redface:

Same, which board are you on? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same, which board are you on? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OCR :smile:
Feeling alright, I think it's just the 'pre-first exam' nerves atm :tongue: How are you feeling?

This is my third one. I need to do really well in this one because I bombed fp3 on Wednesday which I'm absolutely gutted about :/ I noticed that you're OCR exam board. Are you OCR MEI? (I'm MEI )

But don't worry. You'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
This is my third one. I need to do really well in this one because I bombed fp3 on Wednesday which I'm absolutely gutted about :/ I noticed that you're OCR exam board. Are you OCR MEI? (I'm MEI )

But don't worry. You'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw :frown: I'm sure you've done fine! I can't ever imagine myself doing further maths, three exams is enough maths for me :tongue: Thanks and no I'm just on the regular OCR. Good luck!
Aw :frown: I'm sure you've done fine! I can't ever imagine myself doing further maths, three exams is enough maths for me :tongue: Thanks and no I'm just on the regular OCR. Good luck!

Good luck too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
OCR :smile:

Snap! I'm just edgy about the word questions - so easy to lose marks there :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Snap! I'm just edgy about the word questions - so easy to lose marks there :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yeah I know what you mean- the ones about sampling can be a bit weird. As long as they don't resurrect permutations from S1 we'll hopefully be fine! :tongue:
Ah yeah I know what you mean- the ones about sampling can be a bit weird. As long as they don't resurrect permutations from S1 we'll hopefully be fine! :tongue:

Yup I know exactly which paper you're talking about, I did it last week and was like sorry wot

Posted from TSR Mobile
@L'Evil Fish I repped the wrong post haha but thanku!!

Ahhh I see I thought it was only done to automatically give you the highest in normal maths, and further was just the left overs!

Ahh my board is different :frown: No rearranging
Basically because for FM you don't do the same exams as in normal Maths
ie. Our paper 2 is a combo of S1-S4 and M1-M5 but you can't do that for normal maths
And in normal maths you can only take S1,2 and M1,2
Like FM is completely separate from normal maths as it's 2 papers only and they are different from normal maths
Can't sleep

Need my beauty sleep

Or I'll look even more of a mess tomorrow for exam
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Can't sleep

Need my beauty sleep

Or I'll look even more of a mess tomorrow for exam

Its 22.35 in the UK how can you try to sleep so early lmao
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Its 22.35 in the UK how can you try to sleep so early lmao

I can never sleep early my brain doesn't switch off
I live off energy drinks and nicotine mostly
I've got 2x S1 past papers to finish before I call it a night and I've got my exam 9am in the morning.
I need an A on this exam badly.

Hope it goes smoothly *prays*

Latest