The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone read the recent chapter of naruto gaiden? Or fairy tail?
The main reason Chaos Dragon stands out for me is that it's based on tabletop RPG games played between Narita Ryohgo (Durarara!! and Baccano! author), Nasu Kinoko (Fate/Stay Night and Kara no Kyoukai creator), Urobuchi Gen (Fate/Zero and Madoka Magica writer), and two other people whose works I'm unfamiliar with but who are probably awesome. :p: The hit-and-miss studio and first-time director have dampened my enthusiasm a little, but it's these characters and their interactions I'm really looking forward to seeing. :smile:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-19/chaos-dragon-anime-promo-introduces-characters-by-madoka-magica-fate-durarara-creators/.86142
What do you think on this manga cost?
WritingScript $25 USD/per pg
Translations $0.25 USD/per word
Design
Rough Sketch $50 USD/per pg
Character design $200 USD/per
characterBackground $200 USD/per pg
Production
Layout $25 USD/per pg
Draft $75 USD/per pg
Clean copy (B&W only) $100 USD/per pg
Original post by shazam1994
What do you think on this manga cost?
WritingScript $25 USD/per pg
Translations $0.25 USD/per word
Design
Rough Sketch $50 USD/per pg
Character design $200 USD/per
characterBackground $200 USD/per pg
Production
Layout $25 USD/per pg
Draft $75 USD/per pg
Clean copy (B&W only) $100 USD/per pg

Sorry for not replying to your initial post asking the question, but I haven't a clue about the financial side of manga production (even without trying to convert dollars to yen/pounds in my head), so I couldn't say whether those prices are reasonable or not. :dontknow:

This is the only article I was able to find on the subject after a Google search, but bear in mind it's about 8 years old:

http://comipress.com/article/2007/01/20/1362
Reply 9244
Another update from me...

I still haven't found the opportunity to catch up with Arslan Senki or Kekkai Sensen, but I'm hoping to rectify that today at some point. Similarly, I need to play catch up on Mikagura School Suite, Nisekoi 2 and Gunslinger Stratos. I'm also stalling One Piece for a bit in order to watch back to back episodes in the near future.

Seraph of the End has definitely improved and I'm looking forward to watching the next episode now that a certain two characters have met again.

I'm continuing to enjoy everything else I'm watching in the sense that I'm anticipating the next episode every week.

I think my favourite episode this week is from OreGairu. The depth and development of its characters is arguably unrivalled. It's quite deceptive in that regard.
Finally seriously back into anime :colone:

Just finished watching Wolf Children, noticed it on AP, and decided to take a look at it, absolutely amazing!! First to bring a small tear anyway :colondollar:
Original post by Binary Freak
Finally seriously back into anime :colone:

Just finished watching Wolf Children, noticed it on AP, and decided to take a look at it, absolutely amazing!! First to bring a small tear anyway :colondollar:

Wolf Children is fantastic. You should check out Hosoda Mamoru's other movies Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. He also has a new movie coming out this year called The Boy and the Beast:smile:.
Original post by Red Fox
Wolf Children is fantastic. You should check out Hosoda Mamoru's other movies Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. He also has a new movie coming out this year called The Boy and the Beast:smile:.

Yeah I'll probably watch it again when I wake up.. Also will note them down and check them out when I wake up as well :smile:

Thanks for the suggestions :biggrin:
OMG Junjou season 3 is coming this summer

I can't

Anyone looking forward to watching dragon ball super in July? I may not be the biggest lover of shounen but I'll definitely be tuning in
Original post by kaihiwatari
Anyone looking forward to watching dragon ball super in July? I may not be the biggest lover of shounen but I'll definitely be tuning in

I'll be watching it, but strictly only dubbed! I thought it might be a while before it gets dubbed, but apparently there are a lot of shows that get a dub released within a few weeks.

I'm looking forward to it but I'm also not expecting much :tongue: I think the power levels are just too ridiculous at this point for it to make much sense. But we'll see how it goes!
Original post by xDave-
I'll be watching it, but strictly only dubbed! I thought it might be a while before it gets dubbed, but apparently there are a lot of shows that get a dub released within a few weeks.

I'm looking forward to it but I'm also not expecting much :tongue: I think the power levels are just too ridiculous at this point for it to make much sense. But we'll see how it goes!

Thanks for reminding me about the dub, completely forgot somehow. Completely agree, the power leveling is too off the charts and it'll be difficult to logically find ways to represent powers without being OP. I know they'll make it so that the enemy is at least given a chance, but maybe if they stripped back/reduce the powers everyone has (and increase Krillins, he needs it) it should be a lot better viewing.
Original post by Starlight15
Did anyone read the recent chapter of naruto gaiden? Or fairy tail?

I've read them :biggrin: Sasuke was soo awesome hahaha (Sasuke fangirl right here) I'm kinda suprised at where Fairy Tail seems to be going though
Finished Ping Pong The Animation yesterday and it's in my top 5 now.

Yuasa is the GOAT. I'll have to watch Kaiba soon.
Thought you guys might enjoy this. As much as it is just an ad, it's pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ROxuMfUH8
(The first 2 minutes)
Finally caught up with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, is anyone else watching it? It's some crazy hype stuff, that you should really look into if you like...just fun action anime that you don't need to think to much about.

For those of you that are watching it...how hype is the build-up to Jotaro and Dio's fight? Like, wow, that cliffhanger left me begging for more. I can't wait till the next episode drops on Friday.

(relevant to title)
Original post by 13eyond13ithday
I've read them :biggrin: Sasuke was soo awesome hahaha (Sasuke fangirl right here) I'm kinda suprised at where Fairy Tail seems to be going though

Did you see the naruto gaiden chapter today? So intenced
Original post by NikolaT
Cheers!

Psycho Pass
Tokyo Ghoul
Zankyou No Terror
Parasyte

Should be of interest as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Starlight15
Did you see the naruto gaiden chapter today? So intenced

Not as intense as Sasuke pointing a katana at Salada :tongue: