The Student Room Group

Bank of England - School leaver programme 2015

Hi, I could not find a thread for this programme. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard back as I've done my assessment and video interview and have heard nothing. It's almost been two weeks now, slightly worried.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by feathersx
Hi, I could not find a thread for this programme. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard back as I've done my assessment and video interview and have heard nothing. It's almost been two weeks now, slightly worried.

Hi there,

I too am an applicant for the School Leaver programme. I have done both the assessment and the online video interview as well. Although still haven’t heard back from them neither.

Go onto the Bank of England recruitment site and track your application, oddly enough I have this update under communication history that was left on the “26th May 2015 17:02” but there’s no message and it’s blank? Raised this concern and emailed them on Friday afternoon. Haven’t heard back from them as of yet.

Hopefully we hear from them soon. Will keep this thread posted if I receive further news.

P.S. Which area did you pick as your preferred option to work in? I picked Operations.

Wish you all the best,
-Mohammed
Reply 2
Hi,
I've just logged on and my application says the same thing. They're taking pretty long to respond, I was going to email them today. Please let me know if they do respond.

I picked Statistics. How did your video interview go? I felt I did terrible hopefully my application is strong. Also where do you come from and what subjects are you currently studying?

All the best with your application too!

Original post by MRR_LDN
Hi there,

I too am an applicant for the School Leaver programme. I have done both the assessment and the online video interview as well. Although still haven’t heard back from them neither.

Go onto the Bank of England recruitment site and track your application, oddly enough I have this update under communication history that was left on the “26th May 2015 17:02” but there’s no message and it’s blank? Raised this concern and emailed them on Friday afternoon. Haven’t heard back from them as of yet.

Hopefully we hear from them soon. Will keep this thread posted if I receive further news.

P.S. Which area did you pick as your preferred option to work in? I picked Operations.

Wish you all the best,
-Mohammed
Reply 3
Hi,
I've just logged on and my application says the same thing. They're taking pretty long to respond, I was going to email them today. Please let me know if they do respond.

I picked Statistics. How did your video interview go? I felt I did terrible hopefully my application is strong. Also where do you come from and what subjects are you currently studying?

All the best with your application too!

Yeah it’s quite strange they’ve not got back to us yet. I would suggest emailing as well and see if you manage to have any luck getting a response out of them.

I was surprised it was just one brief question. I feel like I did not too bad, managed to get across quite a few strong points. Hopefully they’re not expecting too much from us.

I’m from London. I had studied an Extended Diploma in Business Level 3, achieved A*A*A*. Took a year out as university didn’t appeal to me, and didn’t receive any further support into alternative routes but knew I wanted to go down the Apprenticeship/School Leaver path instead. I was actually the only one that didn’t go university out of my class.

How about yourself?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Yeah, I did email them earlier today so I am waiting for a response.

I was shocked too, as soon as I began to recover my interview just ended, I was so disappointed.

That's good, and wow it jus seems most people like to opt for the traditions route.

I'm from a town near Birmingham and in my final year of A levels studying Economics, Politics and Business.

Have you had a look at any other programmes such as the KPMG 360 and also Barclays higher apprenticeship they may be worth checking out.

Original post by MRR_LDN
Yeah it’s quite strange they’ve not got back to us yet. I would suggest emailing as well and see if you manage to have any luck getting a response out of them.

I was surprised it was just one brief question. I feel like I did not too bad, managed to get across quite a few strong points. Hopefully they’re not expecting too much from us.

I’m from London. I had studied an Extended Diploma in Business Level 3, achieved A*A*A*. Took a year out as university didn’t appeal to me, and didn’t receive any further support into alternative routes but knew I wanted to go down the Apprenticeship/School Leaver path. I was actually the only one that didn’t go university out of my class.

How about yourself?
Reply 5
Yeah, I did email them earlier today so I am waiting for a response.

I was shocked too, as soon as I began to recover my interview just ended, I was so disappointed.

That's good, and wow it jus seems most people like to opt for the traditions route.

I'm from a town near Birmingham and in my final year of A levels studying Economics, Politics and Business.

Have you had a look at any other programmes such as the KPMG 360 and also Barclays higher apprenticeship they may be worth checking out.

You know how you had the option to trial a practice question before the actual interview, when I did that I just went completely blank and knew I was going to mess this whole thing up. But I did better than I expected. I had actually been practising the entire day, so that kind of helped give me some structure to my answers. Yeah the interview lasted so short. Not a great deal can be spoken in a minute. Fingers crossed they don’t judge too heavily based off the video interview.

It was a hard choice to make between stats and opts, but what really drew me in was how you’re able to get involved in areas such as the FX trading side of things. Feel like I can contribute to that area the most. But the great thing about working at the bank is that they allow you to manoeuvre around to different areas.

Oh nice. Goodluck with the rest of your exams.

Yeah I’ve started to apply for other programmes too. Applied to Fidelity yesterday, received an email today that I have a numerical reasoning test. Going to apply for Barclays, IBM and maybe KPMG. Also some Insurance companies.
Reply 6
Damn, in all honestly I spent little time in practicing but at least I've had practice now and have a feel of how the processes go. I know I think my initial application was probably the strongest out of my interview and tests I hope they look at that alongside it.

In all honesty I was tempted to select ops just because foreign policy change markets seem really interesting but my initial choice was stats so I just went with it. Also did you complete all the assessments because I did and the IT module was so long.

Thank you and good luck with the rest of your applications.
Original post by MRR_LDN
You know how you had the option to trial a practice question before the actual interview, when I did that I just went completely blank and knew I was going to mess this whole thing up. But I did better than I expected. I had actually been practising the entire day, so that kind of helped give me some structure to my answers. Yeah the interview lasted so short. Not a great deal can be spoken in a minute. Fingers crossed they don’t judge too heavily based off the video interview.

It was a hard choice to make between stats and opts, but what really drew me in was how you’re able to get involved in areas such as the FX trading side of things. Feel like I can contribute to that area the most. But the great thing about working at the bank is that they allow you to manoeuvre around to different areas.

Oh nice. Goodluck with the rest of your exams.

Yeah I’ve started to apply for other programmes too. Applied to Fidelity yesterday, received an email today that I have a numerical reasoning test. Going to apply for Barclays, IBM and maybe KPMG. Also some Insurance companies.
Reply 7
Damn, in all honestly I spent little time in practicing but at least I've had practice now and have a feel of how the processes go. I know I think my initial application was probably the strongest out of my interview and tests I hope they look at that alongside it.

In all honesty I was tempted to select ops just because foreign policy change markets seem really interesting but my initial choice was stats so I just went with it. Also did you complete all the assessments because I did and the IT module was so long.

Thank you and good luck with the rest of your applications.

Just got an email update that I didn't make it to the next round. Oh well.
Reply 8
Oh no, I have the same email I'm well gutted! Well things happen for a reason but good luck with everything else!
Original post by MRR_LDN
Just got an email update that I didn't make it to the next round. Oh well.
Reply 9
Oh no, I have the same email I'm well gutted! Well things happen for a reason but good luck with everything else!

Gutted too. We just got to keep moving forward, no matter how many obstacles and disappointments we face.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
That's right, just need to keep that positive mindset and ok thanks.
Original post by MRR_LDN
Gutted too. We just got to keep moving forward, no matter how many obstacles and disappointments we face. I'm going to private message you something I found the other day, which I hope comes to some use!
Just received the same e-mail yesterday, a bit gutted, but oh well. Good luck to you both for whatever you decide to do!
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone applied to barclays?
Reply 13
Original post by Jetmira18
Has anyone applied to barclays?

Hi yeah I did I've had my phone interview and got through. Now I am waiting for a date for the assessment centre. How about yourself?
Hi yeah I did I've had my phone interview and got through. Now I am waiting for a date for the assessment centre. How about yourself?

That's great! What did you apply for? I applied a few days ago for human resources. Do you know how long it takes for them to get back to you about the SJQ so you can move into the next stage? And please may I know how your experience was with the application process too? :3 was the telephone interview hard or scary or anything like? Any info would be soo appreciated. Thanks so much :smile:
Reply 15
I applied for relationship management. In all honestly the interview is quite relaxed and they just want examples of times you've demonstrated skills. They asked me questions surrounding their values so make sure you know what each value means for them. They included Stewardship which was related giving back to the community there was a few more which you can find on their website. They asked what you hope to gain from the particular role. How you will be able to give back to the. Immunity if they fund you and also why you chose Barclays. I don't remember all the questions but mine lasted around 25 minutes.

They replied after my assessments after 3 days to book a telephone interview.

Good luck!
That's great! What did you apply for? I applied a few days ago for human resources. Do you know how long it takes for them to get back to you about the SJQ so you can move into the next stage? And please may I know how your experience was with the application process too? :3 was the telephone interview hard or scary or anything like? Any info would be soo appreciated. Thanks so much :smile:
Thanks a lot! That was really helpful :smile: when did you apply? I applied 4 ish das ago. Did it take long for them to review your application before doing the verbal and numerical reasoning tests? Cause I'm waiting to be able to do them now. Also, did you just send your CV on your application?

Sorry for asking so many questions btw :3
Reply 17
That's okay: I applied around 3 weeks ago and I think it was no longer than 3/4 days. Yes I did send a CV I thought that was pretty much compulsory as there wasn't much to write in the actual application about yourself.
Thanks a lot! That was really helpful :smile: when did you apply? I applied 4 ish das ago. Did it take long for them to review your application before doing the verbal and numerical reasoning tests? Cause I'm waiting to be able to do them now. Also, did you just send your CV on your application?

Sorry for asking so many questions btw :3
That's okay: I applied around 3 weeks ago and I think it was no longer than 3/4 days. Yes I did send a CV I thought that was pretty much compulsory as there wasn't much to write in the actual application about yourself.

Ok you! How did they notify you? By email or did you have to keep checking your account?
Reply 19
I was t notified I had to keep checking online myself I was only notified to confirm my telephone interview and there after telling me I'm through to the assessment centre and to answer some more questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending