babe i think i know what paper im doing x
Original post by Xx-FireDragon-xX
F215?!?!? What?!?!?

Looooooooooool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by domcandrews

stfu dom what u on about looool
Original post by Shehla123
Can someone help me on pregnancy test!! Are there monoclonal antibodies at one end which hcg binds to and then this conplex binds to immobilising antibodies at other end attatched to bead so theres a presence of the line?!?? HHELP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted this earlier on in the thread, hope it helps! :smile:
During pregnancy the placenta produces the hormone human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG). Some of it is lost to the urine and only pregnant women produce hCG, so a urine sample is used to test for pregnancy as hCG will only be present if the woman is pregnant. When a woman takes a pregnancy test, urine passes into the reaction zone of the test stick and some of the monoclonal antibodies there bind to hCG, others do not. These monoclonal antibodies recognise one specific feature of hCG and will only bind to that one; they have blue beads attached to them. All of the monoclonal antibodies pass down to the testing zone which contains polyclonal antibodies which are immobilised. These polyclonal antibodies can bind to numerous parts of hCG so are able to bind despite the fact that the monoclonal ones are attached. Since the polyclonal antibodies are immobilised on the strip, the hCG and thus the blue beads are fixed in this zone, causing it to turn blue. The monoclonal antibodies that didn't bind to hCG move along the strip to the control zone which also contains immobilised antibodies. The monoclonal antibodies bind to the control antibodies, which turns this zone blue as well since all the monoclonal antibodies have blue beads attached. Two blue lines indicates pregnancy.
Original post by Shehla123
Can someone help me on pregnancy test!! Are there monoclonal antibodies at one end which hcg binds to and then this conplex binds to immobilising antibodies at other end attatched to bead so theres a presence of the line?!?? HHELP

Posted from TSR Mobile

The HCG acts as an antigen and binds to monoclonal antibiodies with a blue bead on them however the blue line is only activated once they join to the immobilised antibiodies, the whole antibody complex then moves the the immobilised antibodies and binds again therefore showing a blue line and then the control line forms when the monoclonal antibodies without HCG binded to them bind to the control antibodies
(edited 8 years ago)
everyone ****ing YOLO it
stfu dom what u on about looool

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
babe i think i know what paper im doing x

Today is only unit 4 tho, translation and transcription is unit 5, which is on the 17th June....
Original post by Nadiabafekr
Today is only unit 4 tho, translation and transcription is unit 5, which is on the 17th June....

aha but thats where you are wrong! Today is the 8th, the 17th is next week!
Good luck guys :smile:
aha but thats where you are wrong! Today is the 8th, the 17th is next week!

Good luck with your unit 5 exam today then :smile:)
I dont get those explanations.. But i just read the revision guide and understood it like this:
There are monclonal antibodies which are attatched to a blue bead or marker and if hcg present then it will bind as its complementary. Complex moves up strip woth urine, and then immobilised antibodies bind to hcg (as complementary) so more concentraded with blue bead/ forming the line ... Is that correct???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beanhead456
good luck guys :smile:

B9QsTmEIMAA5suO (1).jpggood luck beanhead
that was horrible
If you want an unofficial markscheme I can make one if someone sends me the paper :smile:
Original post by goonieskellie
that was horrible

Phew I agree. All that stuff on dialysis 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending