The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by buxtonarmy
You're wrong. It asked for it in terms of biochemistry.

Calvin cycle is biochemistry..
Was the filling in gap: endrocrine, hormone, cortex and target?
inner membrane
stroma
grana

M, B, M

Literally the ONLY things i was confident on
Reply 2363
I labelled the chloroplast AND the mitochondria wrong. They were easy too.
Original post by ForeignHamster

thats what i got

but i put adrenal cortex
Original post by ForeignHamster

i put those

Yes, so as he said, you would talk about CO2 being the limiting factor and then talk about how limiting CO2 is effecting Calvin Cycle no? RuBP+CO2 reaction has a lower rate when CO2 concentration is lower. This is talking in terms of biochemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hilton184
Yes but also in that question we were told fever increases body temperature. Hence you would normally want to reduce temperature back to optimum via negative feedback. So why shiver if this increases temperature?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I read the question as the fever causes the set temperature to increase, and therefore the body feels the need to increase its internal temperature which is why it would shiver
Original post by Brownclown
Calvin cycle is biochemistry..

I put CO2 concentration as less carbon fixation in calvin cycle, so less glucose and/or amino acids produced

I also put number of photosystems as they would all be saturated after a while
Yes but also in that question we were told fever increases body temperature. Hence you would normally want to reduce temperature back to optimum via negative feedback. So why shiver if this increases temperature?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweating decreases temp, shiver brings it back to normal

I put shivering increases temp so unfavourable conditions for pathogen and they die. I think the above is correct
Reply 2370

Posted from TSR Mobile

So increase temperate further to kill the pathogens/denature their enzymes
Original post by Nadiabafekr
image.jpg

This is the right pic sorry

u got me 3 marks man
thanks! i had a look at this 10 mins before the exam haha
Yes, so as he said, you would talk about CO2 being the limiting factor and then talk about how limiting CO2 is effecting Calvin Cycle no? RuBP+CO2 reaction has a lower rate when CO2 concentration is lower. This is talking in terms of biochemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's right. Just mentioning limiting factors won't get you the mark.
How did people label the mitochondria? The glycolysis was that label Z?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i did it like that as well, with the calvin cycle etc

no, biochemistry includes the calvin cycle and the fixation of c02, inclusive of RuBP - I don't know what you're idea of biochemistry is! you would have also been able to argue temperature too, given that optimum temp may not have been present, reducing the ability of Rubisco to work and form ESC's. So I know youre wrong....it's more about if anyone else has any other better sugestions :s-smilie:
what was the letters for the aerobic respiration stages occur in an mitochondira?

i know i got 1 right that was glycolysis occurs in the cytoplasm i forgot the letters tho
for plant structure adaptations i put it'll have a range of photosynthetic pigment that can absorb a range of wavelength(in the shade) anyone else?? and i put cortex :s-smilie:
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
inner membrane
stroma
grana

M, B, M

Literally the ONLY things i was confident on

isn't it granum not grana?
what did people write for 3 marks on the hetrotroph question?!1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending