The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2520
So what did people put for k on the graph question? (I thought that was disgusting) I put the mean number of all the patients but doubt that was right
Reply 2521
Original post by annnnnnnn
Oh Mann! Good luck!

Thanks, I think it will be difficult but not impossible. It doesn't even matter what I do, I just have to do my best and its the grade boundaries that will decide. I don't need the A* for uni, but I think I've worked my butt off and deserve it for myself!

Good luck to you too!
Original post by thequackingduck
I wrote kupffer cells; location: liver

I wrote that then changed it to stem cells; bone marrow right at the end. Kupffer cells break them down, not make them.

I wrote the same but without the corrections :frown:(((
what did u guys write for incomplete breakdown of glucose question?
Original post by ojstratton
I don't think it was +ve feed back becuase the beta cells are not a target tissue of insulin. I thought it was a subtle hint at the refractory period in action potentials so said it took time for calcium ions to be pumped out of the membrane and potassium ions to re-establish the resting p.d.

ohhh yeah i think you're right actually, why didn't i think of that :frown:
Original post by Hilton184
Pathogen causes fever, which is increase in body temperature.

Why does fever cause shivering.

Now shivering increases body temperature further so that's not the reason. This question was so difficult! I put shivering means increased respiration to produce more ATP to for protein synthesis to produce antibodies to destroy pathogen. Was really unsure about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi thanks, i put that (from previous q) that fever causes increased sweating which could make u colder etc so you shiver to generate energy and increasy body temp? do u reckon it'd be okay
That exam was so easy! Ocr please make exams harder so they're actually a challenge, and at least test on stuff which we won't know about lol!

Said no one ever.

After that I've waved goodbye to any hopes and dreams I had of a medical career.

Ps: anyone who is a genius, don't make an unofficial markscheme. It will kill me even more.
Original post by Hilton184
Pathogen causes fever, which is increase in body temperature.

Why does fever cause shivering.

Now shivering increases body temperature further so that's not the reason. This question was so difficult! I put shivering means increased respiration to produce more ATP to for protein synthesis to produce antibodies to destroy pathogen. Was really unsure about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly what I put because I remember a past paper question where it spoke about b/T lymphocytes requiring atp

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=NilaJ;56745021]Thanks, I think it will be difficult but not impossible. It doesn't even matter what I do, I just have to do my best and its the grade boundaries that will decide. I don't need the A* for uni, but I think I've worked my butt off and deserve it for myself!

Good luck to you too!
I'm similar! I don't need it but I want it! Feel like I can do it after 100% GCSE and 93% AS too! Obv A2 is a lot harder but still I'm gonna try :smile: thank you!
I also put that glucose is hydrolysed by glycolysis, my teacher said it would have been 'oxidised' but as I put by glycolysis I would probably get the mark :smile:
I got scared by people saying "pathogen q", I thought I missed a label question on the insulin question or something :colondollar:
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Tough paper imo, maybe like 42/3 for an A? The dialysis section tho m8m8m8m8m8

I know right!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kewla1
hi thanks, i put that (from previous q) that fever causes increased sweating which could make u colder etc so you shiver to generate energy and increasy body temp? do u reckon it'd be okay

Ahh yes that's a good point actually. I'm not sure, I think it depends what mood the examiners are in when writing the mark scheme for the answers to these suggest questions if I'm honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2533
Original post by Follett
Anyone know why peritoneal has to be done 4 times a day and haemodilaysis 3 a week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the fluid reaches equilibrium with the body as there is no counter current system, so I think its because not all of the toxic chemicals are removed, in haemo they are all filtered out but in peri it has to be done repeatedly as concentrations decrease steadily. Its basically far less efficient and they lied, its being phased out as they think it might be dangerous!
Original post by bmunro
So what did people put for k on the graph question? (I thought that was disgusting) I put the mean number of all the patients but doubt that was right

i put standard deviation but don't think what i put was right :frown: some of my friends said range???? horrible question though
Original post by hamza3256
What cells make red blood cell and the location.

I wrote this as well. Most people in my class wrote hepatocytes and the liver but apparently it's stem cells and bone marrow, which makes sense!
Anyone know why peritoneal has to be done 4 times a day and haemodilaysis 3 a week?

I said how peritoneal fluid thing has to be taken out after 4-6 hours? is this right
Original post by NilaJ
Thats not even in F214, and I don't think that its in AS in a big way either, thats just a biology thing, how were we supposed to know it would come up! Luckily I knew about the bone marrow from other reading but still it was really unfair even if it was only 1 mark.

Yeah, I keep telling myself it was only one mark. :tongue:

I can't believe how little there was of the actual F214 content though. I was all prepared to be writing 6 markers on the loop of Henle and photophosphorylation! :s-smilie:
For the sig increase kidney Q I carent rememeber which 1 but was the biggest signficant increase the bottom 1? And did people get a % of 88.3??
Original post by hamza3256
What cells make red blood cell and the location.

Kupffer cells break down erythrocytes, not make them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending