The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WishIHadRevised
I put that too if that helps?

I reckon 41 for an A.

pretty sure it was asking for a structural difference so i'm not sure if you'd have gotten that even if it is right
Reply 2781
Original post by Harry1996
could you edit the unofficial mark scheme for the causes of kidney failure in 65+ to be renal vascular disease

Done!

Got around 46 according to this. Was hoping for much higher
for the theoretical and actual light intensity bit could you talk about not all light is absorbed via pigments?
Reply 2784
Original post by G3org3_97
Got around 46 according to this. Was hoping for much higher

We aren't the be all and end all you never know what will be in allow columns, its just a guide from us for anyone to look at!
What did everyone put for why insulin is still secreted? I put because it takea a while before all the calcium ions leave the cell via active transport so whilst they're atill in the cell theyll still cause exocytosis even if no more glucose is being taken in
Original post by tewas
could you put more stomata in shady leaf?

Shade leaves have fewer stomata:
http://gabrielhemery.com/2011/06/20/sun-and-shade-leaves/
Reply 2787
did the labelling mitochondria question require the letters???

thank you thank you thank you to everyone that helped
Original post by tewas
could you put more stomata in shady leaf?

I put this, not sure if it was right though!
for the last question about alcohol could you say how nad is used to break down alcohol instead of being used for respiration to warm up the body ?
Original post by ShivanjaliNP
I don't know the answer, but I put because blood glucose conc hasn't come down to optimum yet, and so negative feedback hasn't happened yet.

For that I wrote that not all of the calcium ions would have been removed
Original post by a123a
Did any of you guys write endocrine for the first missing word of the paragraph?

Yeah, endocrine hormone cortex target
Original post by ShivanjaliNP
Oh I didn't think of sig fig, I just assumed that they were all to the nearest whole number...but I don't think bio are fussy about these things are they?

If you worked out the top row the answer came to 108.9 and they rounded it to 109, so i rounded up to whatever answer I got 93.4 so 94 or something I can't remember

Posted from TSR Mobile
So the electron transport chain uses matrix intermmbrane and cristea>>>>>>>nooooooooo? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Original post by Student08
I feel youuuuuu omg im so sad right now

I'm fuming, it's ridiculous. My suggest answers are different to everyone else's on here so seriously not expecting anything from this paper.

*hug*
Original post by domcandrews
If you worked out the top row the answer came to 108.9 and they rounded it to 109, so i rounded up to whatever answer I got 93.4 so 94 or something I can't remember

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of the other rows definitely rounded down though, I worked all 3 out. So I rounded down to 93
Reply 2797
did the labelling mitochondria question require the letters or the names of the parts???
Reply 2798
Original post by em_mahoney
thank you thank you thank you to everyone that helped

no problem, we all gotta stick together when OCR get silly!
Apparently we shiver with a fever, because even though our peripheral temperature is high, our core body temperature is low?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending