The Student Room Group

AQA History: Unit HIS3D - Help

Hello!

Does anyone have any historiography on Clarendon, Danby or the Cabal?

And can anyone help me plan the question '"Charles II was more successful in dealing with financial than religious problems in the years 1660-78" Assess the validity of this view?' ? My textbook is not at all useful on this front!

Many Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey anyone else doing this exam?
Hi, i'm doing this exam too!
for the plan, you could split it into paragraphs of success/failure for religion/finance/other, and talk about restoration settlement, cabal and danby :smile:
Hey guys, how revision going? :smile: we've only got a day left until the exam *sigh* What questions do you think will come up? I got a feeling the civil war or exclusion crisis might have an appearance.
Original post by RebeccaHoran
Hey guys, how revision going? :smile: we've only got a day left until the exam *sigh* What questions do you think will come up? I got a feeling the civil war or exclusion crisis might have an appearance.

I predicted this too, and we were right!

I answered Q1 and 2, how about you? I'm scared I answered question two wrong because I mainly focused on how Religion was only a short term success for the anglicans but in the long term it brought about so many failures because it led to failures in foreign policy and finance via charles's dealings with Louis/France, as well as led the failure to grant toleration leading to the exclusion crisis...
Original post by icharliee
I predicted this too, and we were right!

I answered Q1 and 2, how about you? I'm scared I answered question two wrong because I mainly focused on how Religion was only a short term success for the anglicans but in the long term it brought about so many failures because it led to failures in foreign policy and finance via charles's dealings with Louis/France, as well as led the failure to grant toleration leading to the exclusion crisis...

I know I felt like a boss when I saw that civil war question lol
and I did 1 (I mean who wouldn't) and 3, I hated the synoptic question but what you wrote sounds good, what did you write for the first 1?
I know I felt like a boss when I saw that civil war question lol
and I did 1 (I mean who wouldn't) and 3, I hated the synoptic question but what you wrote sounds good, what did you write for the first 1?

I felt like a boss too but i bet i messed up i barely wrote 2 pages and rushed it....

I started with the control of london and said how it was centre of printing press + home to 1/10 of population and also control of port and navy hampered charles from receving outside help...

Then said how it was equally royalist failure not just the hold of london, and spoke about charles's military mistakes as well as his personality which alienated peoplr. And finally the crration of the nma which destroyed him militarily.

I think i said how if he had gone to london instead of falling back to oxford he may have won.... But not sure.

I know my content was relevant but the way i applied it was awful ;( im disappointed in myself with regards to this exam ...

I didnt want to answer the synoptic quetion but i couldnt think of how to anawer Q3 so i just did Q2.
I think i got a C on this paper :frown:
I felt like a boss too but i bet i messed up i barely wrote 2 pages and rushed it....

I started with the control of london and said how it was centre of printing press + home to 1/10 of population and also control of port and navy hampered charles from receving outside help...

Then said how it was equally royalist failure not just the hold of london, and spoke about charles's military mistakes as well as his personality which alienated peoplr. And finally the crration of the nma which destroyed him militarily.

I think i said how if he had gone to london instead of falling back to oxford he may have won.... But not sure.

I know my content was relevant but the way i applied it was awful ;( im disappointed in myself with regards to this exam ...

I didnt want to answer the synoptic quetion but i couldnt think of how to anawer Q3 so i just did Q2.
I think i got a C on this paper :frown:

For the first question I pretty much wrote the same,

London and its advantages, and about charles failure to take hold of when he had a chance in the battle of Turnham green

Then then NMA but I argued they self denying ordinance was more important as it created less division among the army with the factions within Parliament

And the battle of Nasbey but also supporting the NMA since they won

Ah I didn't think my q 3 went well because I forgot to link my factors, *facepalm* but hopefully we did okay :frown: what grade do you need for uni?
For the first question I pretty much wrote the same,

London and its advantages, and about charles failure to take hold of when he had a chance in the battle of Turnham green

Then then NMA but I argued they self denying ordinance was more important as it created less division among the army with the factions within Parliament

And the battle of Nasbey but also supporting the NMA since they won

Ah I didn't think my q 3 went well because I forgot to link my factors, *facepalm* but hopefully we did okay :frown: what grade do you need for uni?

Yeah i mentioned how if he wasnt hesitant and had taken london before hesitatinf and then having to retrest to oxford when forved back at turnham green. (I think thats right?)

I also mentioned how thr self denying ordinance sepwrated the nma from politics and made them an army focused on winning battles in contrast to charles' lituenant generals who wherechosen to inspire other people to fight his cause...

I need an A overall.... :frown: which i dont think i got. What about you?
Yeah i mentioned how if he wasnt hesitant and had taken london before hesitatinf and then having to retrest to oxford when forved back at turnham green. (I think thats right?)

I also mentioned how thr self denying ordinance sepwrated the nma from politics and made them an army focused on winning battles in contrast to charles' lituenant generals who wherechosen to inspire other people to fight his cause...

I need an A overall.... :frown: which i dont think i got. What about you?

You could still get an A though, say you got a mid B grade in the exam but you got pretty well at AS and your coursework was good, it could average out to an A,

I just hope the grade boundaries won't be too high >.< a lot of people found the exam easy though, which isn't good news.
You could still get an A though, say you got a mid B grade in the exam but you got pretty well at AS and your coursework was good, it could average out to an A,

I just hope the grade boundaries won't be too high >.< a lot of people found the exam easy though, which isn't good news.

I only need a c+ in this exam to get an A overall, but im convinced i did ****... And yeah people found it alright but upon reflection i did so many things wrong i think i got a mid-c.
I only need a c+ in this exam to get an A overall, but im convinced i did ****... And yeah people found it alright but upon reflection i did so many things wrong i think i got a mid-c.

Oh damn, you only need a C+, you shouldn't even worry, I need a freakin B+/low A and I honestly doubt I got that, I messed up q 3 -.- and some creepy invigilator kept distracting me while I was trying to think.
Oh damn, you only need a C+, you shouldn't even worry, I need a freakin B+/low A and I honestly doubt I got that, I messed up q 3 -.- and some creepy invigilator kept distracting me while I was trying to think.

No man i proper ****ed up :frown: so sad. I studied so hard for this exam. What do you need and where are you going/ to study?
No man i proper ****ed up :frown: so sad. I studied so hard for this exam. What do you need and where are you going/ to study?

don't worry, nobody comes out from an exam thinking 'oh hell yeah, I got an A right there' but people do get A's & hopefully you're two of those people *highfive*
I need ABB & Queen Mary, hbu?
don't worry, nobody comes out from an exam thinking 'oh hell yeah, I got an A right there' but people do get A's & hopefully you're two of those people *highfive*
I need ABB & Queen Mary, hbu?

Omg! Queen mary is my insurance! I need AAB-ABB for there.
AAA for Kings xx
Omg! Queen mary is my insurance! I need AAB-ABB for there.
AAA for Kings xx

Ah that's so cool!! I've fallen in love with QM, when I visited there, it was literally perfect *.*
What subject you doing?
Ah that's so cool!! I've fallen in love with QM, when I visited there, it was literally perfect *.* i
What subject you doing?

Im studying English! I do like queen mary i must admit but not too fond of the course there... I absolutely adore kings :frown: im gonna be so upset if i dont get in. And AAA just keeps looking more and more unlikely.
Im studying English! I do like queen mary i must admit but not too fond of the course there... I absolutely adore kings :frown: im gonna be so upset if i dont get in. And AAA just keeps looking more and more unlikely.

AAA is pretty damn high, but how have your other A2 exams gone so far?
AAA is pretty damn high, but how have your other A2 exams gone so far?

That was my first exam.... I cant possibly get lower than ABB so thats alright... But i was hoping for a definite AAB with the A in history but i really dont think i got a C+ in this exam.... And my next exm which is english is on thurs.
That was my first exam.... I cant possibly get lower than ABB so thats alright... But i was hoping for a definite AAB with the A in history but i really dont think i got a C+ in this exam.... And my next exm which is english is on thurs.

Worse case scenario you get a B for history,you could get an A in english, but I'm sure you've done well, (oh & good luck for Thursday!!)

Quick Reply

Latest