The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can someone lease tell me how they solved

cos x + sin x 1
--------------- = ---
cos x - sin x 2

or am I just being a complete retard?
Original post by AJeeeee
omds Sara, vectors is in C4, i was just kidding! damn.

looool sorry excuse me i just panicked
Original post by thefuhrer
its definitely decreasing :d:d

increasing! K was negative in bold!
Most of the people on this thread are not 'crying' about the exam.
We're just discussing and comparing answers after the exam so we can have a rough idea of how we did, and move on, and understand where we went wrong (which is one of the most important things for future improvement).
Isn't that what this thread was (mainly) for in the first place?
There'd be no point to this thread anymore if everyone went off and revised C4 immediately. Here we have a chance to help others and be reassured ourselves.
Quit trying to run other peoples' lives.
Original post by TeeEm
I am dying to see this trig identity ...

Yeh .. i messed up on it too.

It was 5 marks aswell.

Then my mind went blank on part b of that question and there goes 9 marks.

Rest was pretty good though. Porbably lost 12-13 marks
How many question were??
Can someone go over Q5b which was differentiating x=(4y-2sin(y))^2 and getting the tangent equation
Original post by dandroff
oh, i only attempted it once though, but got more solutions? i got 8

Ohh, you mean solutions for the trigonometric equation. I don't think you'll be marked down for that, no. I've never seen a mark scheme state you can't have any other solutions, I've seen mark schemes say ignore any other solutions outside the range. So I don't think you'll be marked down, as long as you have the correct solutions of course.
Original post by lukass
Can someone lease tell me how they solved

cos x + sin x 1
--------------- = ---
cos x - sin x 2

or am I just being a complete retard?

Cross multiply to get tanx=-1/3 and solve to get 2 answers common its just 4 marks :smile:
Original post by Timotea
How many question were??

9 questions
How many marks would I lose for not including asymptotes? (if any??)
Original post by dominicwild

You have a situation like that. The green line is the modded function.

It intercepts two versions of the curve, one being the normal f(x)f(x) and one being the f(x)-f(x). So, you just take the function, solve for x normally. Then take the negative of the function and solve for x again.
So basically solving:
[br]f(x)=2[br]f(x)=2[br][br]f(x) = 2 [br]-f(x) = 2[br]
I don't remember what the answers were though. But that's what I did. Pretty confident that's the correct working.

**** sake. the mod graph. I didnt complete it.. OMG!!..i only did before it touching the y axis. 1 mark lost :frown:
Reply 3012
Original post by TheFuhrer
its definitely decreasing :biggrin::biggrin:

Its actually increasing
Original post by lucymellor
It isn't 1 less than -3 it's 2 less than -3 because you stretched the graph in the y axis by 2

Oh ****, so i actually got it correct?, what i wrote is what i thought after the exam when i thought i failed :biggrin:
Original post by Bustamove
i'm not complaining on the difficulty.. I know I made a ton of silly mistakes and if I had more time, I could have done better...

I'm just sick of seeing people being arrogant to others or making fun of others on this thread who did not do as well... if you did well, then congrats, but there is no need to rub it in people's faces... it may seem like a joke to you but some people are actually scared/concerned about their future.

Well the point of the thread is for people to give their opinions about how they found the paper. We don't slack people when they say they found it really difficult, so then why do we do slack people when they find it easy?

Some people will do good, some will do bad. That's the nature of exams. A person who did good should have every right to boast about their exam as someone who did bad and complains.
arsey is online guys!!!

brace yourselves!!
Just like the paper, the hitler video is also moderately s****.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTkQ4El5epk
Original post by sara_ara98
looool sorry excuse me i just panicked

im sorry, wasnt my intention :frown:
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
increasing! K was negative in bold!
]
100% it was increasing from a negative and tending towards 0
Original post by dominicwild
Ohh, you mean solutions for the trigonometric equation. I don't think you'll be marked down for that, no. I've never seen a mark scheme state you can't have any other solutions, I've seen mark schemes say ignore any other solutions outside the range. So I don't think you'll be marked down, as long as you have the correct solutions of course.

okay thanks !!

Latest

Trending

Trending