The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Epistasis makes me want to cry and stab myself repeatedly with a fork why does it exist
Reply 3641
does anyone have a summary of grade boundaries?
Original post by purplecloud
the jan 2012 paper was so hard and its 68 for an A like wtf

Whaat? I was thinking the opposite, that's one of the only papers i can actually do decent...There were like 3 big questions with fill in the gaps lol
Original post by corey7695
you don't know anything at all?

I could probably get 20/100 with my current knowledge
Original post by em_mahoney
Epistasis makes me want to cry and stab myself repeatedly with a fork why does it exist

To mask that behaviour LOL
2 hour exam woooo
Reply 3646
Original post by cinderella25
i can get all the other questions right but i can never get this right, i cant see where i am going wrong. can someone explain this to me?

Two pure breeding strains of snapdragon, a garden plant, were obtained. Onestrain had red flowers and the other had white flowers. The two strains werecrossed yielding F1 plants all with pink flowers. The F1 were then interbred toproduce F2 plants with the following colours:

red 62
pink 131
white 67

The following hypothesis was proposed:Flower colour is controlled by a single gene with two codominant alleles.
(b) Complete the genetic diagram to explain this cross.

Use the following symbols to represent the alleles:Cr= red, Cw= white

Parental phenotypes: red flowers x white flowers

Parental genotypes: .................................... ........................................ Red: CrCr White: CwCw

Gametes: .................................... ........................................ Red: Cr White: Cw

F1 genotypes: .................................................................................................All CrCw

.F1 phenotypes: ................................................................................................
All are pink
Gametes: ........................................................................................................ Cr or Cw

F2 genotypes: .................................................................................................. CrCr, 2x CrCw or CwCw

F2 phenotypes: ................................................................................................
Red: Pink : White
Expected F2 phenotypic ratio:......1:2:1...................................................................

Tried to answer this the best I could, hope this helps!
how do you work out 1cii on the june 2012 paper?
Learning the steps of sequencing a genome... So so screwwwed

Posted from TSR Mobile
As last years paper had a bit about cloning frogs, is it unlikely that animal cloning will come up?
with sequencing the genome in the ocr book there seems to be 2 ways to do it. one using BACS and the other using labelled nucleotides etc a couple of pages ahead. if a question were to come up about sequencing the genome which one would i use
I don't know any of module 2 or 4 aha seriously want to die
Does anyone have a list of all the different advantages and disadvantages we need to know for the different topics?
Original post by JBlad
Tried to answer this the best I could, hope this helps!

Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you predict phenotype ratios involving epistasis?
has anyone got any tips for conservation and ecosystems and plant hormones and animal behavior cannot get my head round them
chances of animal behaviour coming up?
Good luck tomorrow for the final exam :smile: Here is my playlist for the unit:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiJa1PAsFO7qVSLnQnE27f6RKtTrQEjrK
Any predictions for tomorrow anyone? :smile:
Original post by lyd.maddox
How do you predict phenotype ratios involving epistasis?

ask jesus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending