who got 2 + 5/4x - 25/64 x^2 for the first question binomial expansion

Snap x
Original post by JulianS96
I got the same thing too.
Something like 12000 -6 = 4000e^1/2sin2t
Then ln2.9985 = 1/2sin2t
Therefor 2ln2.9985 = sin2t
Therefore 2t equals Math Error

Hopefully we would of got one method mark, but apparently the population was in thousands.
Original post by rachelc142
:-D congrats dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers, 75 in both C3/4. Whooh with bo pst past papers 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Then ln2.9985 = 1/2sin2t

p was in thousands so you had to put p=4 in! I did this too then realised !

Posted from TSR Mobile

76/75
I've been **** at C4 all year so I'm really pleased with how this paper went, will check when Arsey does his thing but I reckon I'm on 45-50/75 which should secure my B.
Reply 2746
Original post by mc1996
008.jpg
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

We said that the radius of the cone was 2 when it was actually 9 😢
Paper was Alright not sure its good enough though to compensate for C3 and bring it up to an A*.
Thank you God for the easy vector questions.
I noticed P was in thousands in the last minute of the paper. I got a dodgy answer for the final question. When you guys calculate the Volume of the cone 1/3 (pi) r2h is h=9 and r= ln3?
Original post by talkbiology
I got the same :smile:
it was harder than usual in my opinion, the Cartesian equation from the parametrics was tricky, and on the DE question for part c) I didn't realise it was in thousands so couldn't do it! Question 8 was certainly tricky. Comparing my answers with people on here, so far so good, which is a massive relief because on C4 I never know if I've got things right or not!

Yeah I almost made the mistake for the P = 4000 but quickly corrected it to get the answer. I expect standard grade boundaries but I only need an A for A* overall which I'm confident I got. Hopefully edexcel are kind
Lost a good 12 marks or so on that.
Original post by abigail love
how do you even integrate 9^x^2 like pls.

Should of got 32x which can be integrated pretty easily using substation
grade boundaries raw?
Original post by abigail love
how do you even integrate 9^x^2 like pls.

Do you mean 9x29^{x^2} ? I would be surprised if they really asked you integrate that..
Original post by cogito.
NO, if you use degrees you will get M0 A0 for final 2 marks because degree is not alternative method but the WRONG method.

I know it's wrong! But sometimes the mark scheme is lenient in this case. I'm trying to find the example I found earlier. :smile:
Original post by Paraphilos
Do you mean 9x29^{x^2} ?

yeah :frown:
Reply 2756
I feel gutted, not because I've done badly but because this paper was a paper where if you did your revision ie all the past papers and Solomon papers at least you should have been able to get 75/75.

If I had spent my time on c4 instead of spending my time on the gamble that is c3 I would have made an A* this year but there is hope at least
How many marks do people reckon I will lose if I forgot to multiply the volume by pi, on Q8?
Then ln2.9985 = 1/2sin2t

You got the ln part wrong.
Please Vote at
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3407637

estimated boundaries also

Quick Reply

Latest