The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iamaunit
predictions?

This is what i've heard people have been saying and what i think hasn't come up for a while:

galapagos,
something out of the topic about pcr/genome sequencing/insulin/rice etc,
something out of the pages 232, 236-237 (muscles topic),
brain
shedding leaves (pg 223)
how auxins stimulate shoot growth (pg 222)
meiosis
apoptosis
epistasis
something out of the topic animal behaviors (social behavior in primates i think)
Chi squared
Nitrogen cycle
Aseptic technques/Asepsis - that table on the bottom of pg 163

but anything could come up :frown: even repeated topics
can anyone teach me muscle contractions its so confusing and its bound to come up
Original post by peanutcracker20
PSYA4r which was also two hours long, been up since five this morning so its a rough day

Aye, it has been a long one. Although I'm sure we'll all get through to the end if the countless number of previous year 13s before us could. :wink:
Can anyone explain to me Chi-squared? I understand how to use the equation etc.. but the hypothesis confuses me. If X^2 is less than 0.05 (5%) do you accept or reject the null hypothesis, and what does this mean in terms of your experimental data being down to chance or being significant....

it confuses me so much!!!
Original post by BioAgent
Yh just found out 18th. All nighter it is.

Lol. Well i'd say get at least 5-6 hours sleep bro! Hopefully we'll smash this exam! iA.

F215:whip:
How much detail do we need to know the nitrogen cycle in? There's a massive diagram in the textbook, do we need to know that or just the roles of the bacteria? (Do we need to know all of the haber process, Urea -> ammonium etc)
Original post by tewas
Anybody have any questions they want answered?

what are the steps involved in sequencing the genome of an organism?
How does gene sequencing allow for genome-wide comparisons between individuals and between species? :smile:
Reply 3787
well im ****ed ive had too many exams to revise for
Original post by flowerbud
Can anyone explain to me Chi-squared? I understand how to use the equation etc.. but the hypothesis confuses me. If X^2 is less than 0.05 (5%) do you accept or reject the null hypothesis, and what does this mean in terms of your experimental data being down to chance or being significant....

it confuses me so much!!!

This guys explains it well (from the ocr book too)! Pretty easy when you understand it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB03aPk_wxA
Original post by bakedbeans247

x

To be fair, I think last years paper wasn't too atrocious and a lot of the topics now having done revision are easier so if repeated topics do come up then surely that's a win-win? :redface:
Orite m8
Original post by peanutcracker20
oh god, good luck in both would hate to being doing both so close together thought just biology is bad enough

Not even sure luck can save me anymore fml
Well I'm not getting any sleep today cause I'm no where near prepared for this exam as I should be hears to the crammers, btw does anyone have predictions for tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saltedcaramel1
Still haven't done June 14 argh

I haven't done any of the papers yet.

Trying to cram as much as possible then do 2 past papers at least so ur in a much better position than me:angry::s-smilie:
Original post by Yua

Same all the unit 4s for my subjects have been this week :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3795
Original post by Yua

SAME

Exactly the problem i'm facing atm
Original post by Lizzieee4
How much detail do we need to know the nitrogen cycle in? There's a massive diagram in the textbook, do we need to know that or just the roles of the bacteria? (Do we need to know all of the haber process, Urea -> ammonium etc)

****!! I forgot all about that

In this rate I won't even get any past papers done
Original post by doctor_2_be
I haven't done any of the papers yet.

Trying to cram as much as possible then do 2 past papers at least so ur in a much better position than me:angry::s-smilie:

Out of curiosity cause I'm in the same position as you rn (i have done some past papers tho) are you making notes or jist going through the book I've literally lost all faith in this exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predictions guyss
Original post by Mbrown96
Orite m8

u wot m8, 1v1 irl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending