The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm only half way through the stuff and I'm hating my life. Getting to sliding filament and man don't care no more. Man doesn't even wanna go to first choice uni.
Original post by Nadwuar
And the mark scheme answer to dat famalam?

That would be the following
1) Prior to autumn(when leaves fall) high concentration of auxin and cytokinins prevent leaf senescence(ageing)- these are agonist in that they work together
2) Auxin and Cytokinins ensure that the leaves have a sink for phloem transport of sugars
3)As autumn arrives, levels of cytokinins drop, and hence triggering leaf senescence
4)Leaf senescence causes a drop in auxin levels which makes the cells in the abscission layer more sensitive to ethene
5)Ethene is antagonist to cytokinins and auxin. Ethene promotes leaf fall
6) Ethene increases cellulaze production and this enzyme separate the petiole from the stem.
7) A protective layer is formed in the abscission zone to prevent microbes from entering the plant.

That's the process and should score more than full marks!!
Original post by Nadwuar
Difference between reproductive and non reproductive cloning? A mark scheme answer would be preferable

Reproductive cloning: Whole new individual is made e.g. Dolly the sheep
Non-reproductive cloning: Cells, tissues or organs are all produced and place into the individual.
Original post by blacklotus1
I'm only half way through the stuff and I'm hating my life. Getting to sliding filament and man don't care no more. Man doesn't even wanna go to first choice uni.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else think module 4 and 2 are ****boys?
I'm fully giving up tbh, I did okay in F214 but F215 is peak

Man said F215 is peak, dats an understatement cuhh
Yup. I'm planning on retaking both next yr already. Goodbye to gap yr:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TruMuslima
Yup. I'm planning on retaking both next yr already. Goodbye to gap yr:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I wish I had the luxury of a gap year option fam

1 final push, bruh. Then we can finally dash away this bullocks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guy's someone please explain to me how you would answer a question similar to the rennin protein one but about Golden Rice?
Original post by CallMeJay
1 final push, bruh. Then we can finally dash away this bullocks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fam this actually inspired me. I'm still gonna do **** but it's nice that people support you you get me
Predictions anyone?
Okay fellow fail-ees it is with great curiosity that I ask you what the **** you call a bunch of undifferentiated plant cells (I've forgot the damn name)... In tissue culture, where you get the meristems then grow them in-vitro, what the **** is that blob of cells called??

EDIT: Okay, it is a Callus, which I originally thought but then googled it and lots of images of people with hard skin on their feet came up... oh well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ezradennis
Predictions anyone?

Failure
So, I planned to an 'all-nighter! LOL!', but I actually collasped by 11:20 and woke up now...yay
Original post by Dark Elixir
Okay fellow fail-ees it is with great curiosity that I ask you what the **** you call a bunch of undifferentiated plant cells (I've forgot the damn name)... In tissue culture, where you get the meristems then grow them in-vitro, what the **** is that blob of cells called??

EDIT: Okay, it is a Callus, which I originally thought but then googled it and lots of images of people with hard skin on their feet came up... oh well.

A callus?
Original post by Shostakovish
A callus?

Yeeep
Is it worth sleeping now?
Original post by Jae578
Is it worth sleeping now?

If you want to - but I think you should sleep when you are ready, I just got up and I wish I didn't fall asleep earlier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending