The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4480
I personally thought it was an OK paper but still understand the anger of some as there was a lot of hit and miss questions.
Original post by ChiefKeef
Where you suppose to square root it??????????????

No. getting a big number doesn't mean its wrong. 'coz by following the formula u r not suppose to square root at the end.
Original post by hamza3256
Did anybody put B for the table question where they are geographically isolated?

The genetic drift one? Yes, because they had the biggest decrease in recessive alleles so the amount genetic variation had decreased, because increase in dominant allele frequency meant there was less genetic variation as all the individuals had similar genotypes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 4484
Original post by ChiefKeef
Where you suppose to square root it??????????????

no
Reply 4485
Original post by Harry1996
What did you lot put for the question on the plant moving towards the light and the girl covering her eyes with her face? I started talking about phototropin 1&2 enzymes, and the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervoud divisions

With her face? :wink:
Original post by hajs
Isolation can occur in three forms: Mechanical, Behavioral, Seasonal. The questions spoke about cant reproduce therefore that is mechanical or no?

There was a bloody road separating them so geographical
Original post by ojstratton
The genetic drift one? Yes, because they had the biggest decrease in recessive alleles so the amount genetic variation had decreased, because increase in dominant allele frequency meant there was less genetic variation as all the individuals had similar genotypes

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote something else. but i think i might get a mark or two.
Original post by JBlad
With her face? :wink:

You know what I meant >_> hand with her face
My bad I meant to talk about the question comparing the S drug to the M drug, I talked about the receptor being the incorrect shape on the previous question

I said the m drug was a better fit to receptor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Such a bs exam
It was insight learning and not operant conditioning, OC is learning by reward and punishment whereas insight learning is using reasoning and judgement from past experiences

But surely the bin is a reward, so if the raccoon learns to push the bin lid off it is rewarded? Raccoons go through multiple bins each day, so they're repeatedly presented with a bin and they've learnt that if they interact with the bin, they're rewarded?

I was 50/50 on putting operant vs insight but put operant because they phrased it as "the raccoon learns to push the bin lid off"
Original post by ojstratton

Posted from TSR Mobile

C had the biggest decrease.
Were you meant to talk about mating not being random and small sample size for the 3 marker qs :frown: looooooool if no pelase break it gently :frown:
It didn't seem too dreadful, unit 4 was way harder so fingers crossed for low boundaries
Grade bounderies anyone?
Original post by loperdoper
But surely the bin is a reward, so if the raccoon learns to push the bin lid off it is rewarded? Raccoons go through multiple bins each day, so they're repeatedly presented with a bin and they've learnt that if they interact with the bin, they're rewarded?

I was 50/50 on putting operant vs insight but put operant because they phrased it as "the raccoon learns to push the bin lid off"

yeah but in the book doesn't the ape learn to get the banana by using the baskets to climb on :smile: oh acc your right :frown: loooooool
You know what I meant >_> hand with her face

I worte aboout auxins h+ conc incrase expansis enzyme and ellongation for plant
and sympathetic pathway autonomic response blah blah blah for the girl
Reply 4498
Fairl y certain it was insight
For A, 20 animals were affected, for B it was 14, and for C it was 2... Surely the answer is A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending