The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4820
would i be able to say no repeats for the reliability one?
Also so annoyed that I put FEBADC first then crossed out B and put another A :frown:
was the first behaviour type, kinesis?
I wrote the chain termination method because that was in the context of the question?
The synoptic stuff ruined me, good for people who retook F212 though :frown:
Original post by tewas
would i be able to say no repeats for the reliability one?
Also so annoyed that I put FEBADC first then crossed out B and put another A :frown:
was the first behaviour type, kinesis?
I wrote the chain termination method because that was in the context of the question?
The synoptic stuff ruined me, good for people who retook F212 though :frown:

First behaviour was reflex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4822
Original post by Captain Anonymous
First behaviour was reflex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

for gods sake, put that first then crossed it hate myself
Reply 4823
possibly got around 66-70, still an A, anybody hazard a guess at the approx. UMS?
Reply 4824
Original post by Student23478
Hi guys for the % efficiency Q cud u get marks for net producvity / net producvity of previous tropic level??

i think so, well thats what i wrote anyway lol
Original post by tewas
possibly got around 66-70, still an A, anybody hazard a guess at the approx. UMS?

118-128 ums

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hajs
i think so, well thats what i wrote anyway lol

Did you also talk about gross productivity first and also biomass etc
For the sepreation question on DNA did anyone talk about gel electrophoresis ? About making sure the same size so base sequence can be read ?
Reply 4828

my answer for this was such a mess and quite incoherent but i put a range of answers like dry organic mass, pyramids of biomass and calorimeter and measuring the temp rise of water, hopefully would get the marks?
For the sepreation question on DNA did anyone talk about gel electrophoresis ? About making sure the same size so base sequence can be read ?

For this question, some people were talking about radioactive nucletodies and shiz

BUT IIRC, the question said how you would separate dna fragments... So it must be electrophoresis

Posted from TSR Mobile
The bit with the flies with the 1:1:1:1 ratio, could you have said the difference was due to epistasis??
Bomb calorimeter isn't needed. You say how the herbivore loses energy through faces, respiration and movement it would all that was required was to talk about it primary productivity and how it forms net by taking away respiration. The % available (denominator over available in herbivore after all those reductions) x 100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Grade boundaries for a* ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4833

yeah omg lol
and then spoke about loss of energy through photosynthesis and respiration (measured using respirometer)
Original post by AsianBeauty
Grade boundaries for a* ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bengali mandem
For this question, some people were talking about radioactive nucletodies and shiz

BUT IIRC, the question said how you would separate dna fragments... So it must be electrophoresis

Posted from TSR Mobile

You had to make the link to the nucleotide sequencing and not just describe electrophoresis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ekk123
The bit with the flies with the 1:1:1:1 ratio, could you have said the difference was due to epistasis??

Genes were linked hence a big 1:1 and a small 1:1 ratio
A* will be 72 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Koloterrorita
Genes were linked hence a big 1:1 and a small 1:1 ratio

Did I have to say autosomal linkage or would I getaway with just linkage?
Original post by Captain Anonymous
Bomb calorimeter isn't needed. You say how the herbivore loses energy through faces, respiration and movement it would all that was required was to talk about it primary productivity and how it forms net by taking away respiration. The % available (denominator over available in herbivore after all those reductions) x 100Posted from TSR Mobile

I though it asked how you could calculate the % efficiency though, in which you'd need a calorimeter surely?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending