The Student Room Group

AEA Prep Thread - 25th June 2015 (Edexcel)

Scroll to see replies

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1435177835.700947.jpg
Here is the MS. They go from the 2nd to 3rd line by introducing a minus sign. Is it the limits at the very start?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Got it dw lads. My limits were wrong way round at the start. Damnit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeeEm
I posted some modulus sketch,,,,

I have curve sketching file.

This has no graph but it is about constants (calculator is needed)

AEA 2014 Q4a and c what would be your answer for the S+ in each part. They say 'comment on r=0' and 'S+ for dealing with r=0 case'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 283
Original post by physicsmaths
AEA 2014 Q4a and c what would be your answer for the S+ in each part. They say 'comment on r=0' and 'S+ for dealing with r=0 case'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3327325
post 583 is my Q4 solution

I am a pain but I was looking for what your comments would be for the S+ marks as i listed before. I can't see them on the solution i think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody else looked up areas of GCSE shapes and circle theorems etc for vector questions? Never knew that the area of a kite was 0.5 * height * width tbh
Reply 286
Original post by fatart123
Has anybody else looked up areas of GCSE shapes and circle theorems etc for vector questions? Never knew that the area of a kite was 0.5 * height * width tbh

the area of a rhombus or a kite is the semi-product of its diagonals
Reply 287
Is it worth doing a few of these papers? I'm not sitting the paper, but does it help your maths problem solving at all? Looks very straightforward compared to STEP tbh, especially that you get 3 hours to do 7 questions with the first few taking a couple of mins
Original post by raff97
Is it worth doing a few of these papers? I'm not sitting the paper, but does it help your maths problem solving at all? Looks very straightforward compared to STEP tbh, especially that you get 3 hours to do 7 questions with the first few taking a couple of mins

Looks straight forward but it isnt as easy as it seems trust me. Some of the problems are identical to some step III problems set a few years ago... Although the style is much more oiviting and nice. They are hard but not II and III hard maybe STEP I hard id say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 289
Original post by raff97

definitely
Reply 290
Original post by physicsmaths
Looks straight forward but it isnt as easy as it seems trust me. Some of the problems are identical to some step III problems set a few years ago... Although the style is much more oiviting and nice. They are hard but not II and III hard maybe STEP I hard id say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess it makes sense that its the same difficulty as STEP 1. but even then Warwick put a grade 2 in step 1 as equal to a distinction in AEA.

Ill do a few recent papers anyway
Reply 291
Original post by raff97
I guess it makes sense that its the same difficulty as STEP 1. but even then Warwick put a grade 2 in step 1 as equal to a distinction in AEA.

Ill do a few recent papers anyway

Warwick said that?
"the poodles of Cambridge"...
9 more hours lads
Reply 293
9 more hours lads

bedtime then
Original post by TeeEm
bedtime then

No chance of me getting to sleep before 3am tbh. Was up til 5am (in bed, of course) before my M3 exam due to nerves. Just gonna look over some stuff and play a game for a bit.
Reply 295
No chance of me getting to sleep before 3am tbh. Was up til 5am (in bed, of course) before my M3 exam due to nerves. Just gonna look over some stuff and play a game for a bit.

I hope you have no nerves during the exam.
Reply 296
9 more hours lads

Its tomorrow!?! Good luck everyone then

Original post by TeeEm
Warwick said that?
"the poodles of Cambridge"...

Well they are equal in their offers
Original post by TeeEm
I hope you have no nerves during the exam.

Eh, I've had my one bad exam with FP3 so I'll be fine. Hope there's no 2014 q4-type question. Would love a paper like 2013.
Reply 298
Eh, I've had my one bad exam with FP3 so I'll be fine. Hope there's no 2014 q4-type question. Would love a paper like 2013.

or 2010 more like
Reply 299
Original post by raff97
Its tomorrow!?! Good luck everyone then

Well they are equal in their offers

I personally would not have gone to Warwick even if you paid me ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending