The Student Room Group

H8 on TSR.

Would there be less hate onTSR if the negative rep button was never taken away?

Scroll to see replies

Nah, I reckon there'd be more; I can see some users getting neg brigaded for every post because people are petty like that :erm:
Reply 2
Every time I see a shooting star my wish is always that they'd bring back neg rep.
Original post by Paladian
Would there be less hate onTSR if the negative rep button was never taken away?

Are you saying people take their e-furies out on others in posts because of no satisfaction from clicking a downwards thumb?

Eh, no. The thumbs will simply represent the obnoxious insults that are inevitable on the dear interwebz.
bring back neg rep
Neg rep comments :moon:
Original post by darkred
Every time I see a shooting star my wish is always that they'd bring back neg rep.

:moon:
Reply 7
Original post by Man.bear.pig
Are you saying people take their e-furies out on others in posts because of no satisfaction from clicking a downwards thumb?

Eh, no. The thumbs will simply represent the obnoxious insults that are inevitable on the dear interwebz.

I'm saying that people would post less negatively if they were punished for doing so with a negative rep.
Some posters need hating
Reply 9
Original post by BloodandThunder
Some posters need hating

But in a mild mannered way.
I'm saying that people would post less negatively if they were punished for doing so with a negative rep.

Punished? But most people pos rep insults...
To use the neg rep as a punishment for being mean is a quicker but ineffective version of reporting...
Reply 11
Punished? But most people pos rep insults...
To use the neg rep as a punishment for being mean is a quicker but ineffective version of reporting...

So neg rep on the whole is a bad thing?

Uh no... Raging from mild mannered to fully blown. Not like some ****hole Tory who don't dare interrupt because that's how they've been taught at Eton
(edited 8 years ago)
So neg rep on the whole is a bad thing?

You're asking the wrong person that. It's all pointless to me.
Reply 14
You're asking the wrong person that. It's all pointless to me.

So for you neg rep pos rep couldn't give a ****.
Reply 15

Uh no... Raging from mild mannered to fully blown. Not like some ****hole Tory who don't dare interrupt because that's how they've been taught at Eton

So you stick to your original argument ... some people need to be hated?
Reckon you could be onto something!!
Would there be less hate on TSR if the negative rep button was never taken away?

It'd be good to have negative rep back, or something that is like negative rep. Because a rep system is no good if there is only one side to it, and not two sides (i.e. positive and negative).

However, you'd then have to make sure that negative rep wasn't abused.
Reply 18
Original post by Little Popcorns
Reckon you could be onto something!!

I like to think so.
[QUOTE="Paladian;57736703"]

So you stick to your original argument ... some people need to be hated?

You got it in one

Quick Reply

Latest