The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial college London Sutton trust summer school 2015

Looking for anyone else doing the imperial summer school 4th to 7th of August? I'm doing material science and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about travel?
Reply 1
Original post by samstratton
Looking for anyone else doing the imperial summer school 4th to 7th of August? I'm doing material science and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about travel?

Hi, I'm going for physics. I haven't heard anything either but I think they sent me an email at some point saying that they had recieved my forms and would send out more information on the 20th July
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by _Carmel_
Hi, I'm going for physics. I haven't heard anything either but I think they sent me an email at some point saying that they had recieved my forms and would send out more information on the 20th July

Yea they said the same to me but also emailed me saying we need to book our own transport. However I don't know when we need to get the or what time to leave.
Reply 3
Yea they said the same to me but also emailed me saying we need to book our own transport. However I don't know when we need to get the or what time to leave.

I didn't get the email about transport but I wish they would give us more information as train tickets will get more expensive last minute
Reply 4
Original post by _Carmel_
I didn't get the email about transport but I wish they would give us more information as train tickets will get more expensive last minute
Yea i emailed them and asked, they said to be there for 11am but didn't tell me what time we would leave so i still can't book them
Reply 5
Hey guys, I'm going to the summer school for Life Sciences on the 4th to 7th of August and got a letter today and it says we'd need to pay for our own transport, however the Sutton Trust website clearly states that this summer school is completely free of charge and they cover this cost between them and the university. When i went to sutton trust's bristol summer school they reimbursed travel when we got there.
For me it would cost £225 for a return ticket, which is way too expensive! I'll try contacting the sutton trust and imperial on monday but any ideas on whether this is just a mistake or we actually have to pay for it ourselves with no reimbursement?
Original post by LFC_RV
Hey guys, I'm going to the summer school for Life Sciences on the 4th to 7th of August and got a letter today and it says we'd need to pay for our own transport, however the Sutton Trust website clearly states that this summer school is completely free of charge and they cover this cost between them and the university. When i went to sutton trust's bristol summer school they reimbursed travel when we got there.
For me it would cost £225 for a return ticket, which is way too expensive! I'll try contacting the sutton trust and imperial on monday but any ideas on whether this is just a mistake or we actually have to pay for it ourselves with no reimbursement?

Just curious, how do you get to go to two Sutton Trust Summer Schools?
Reply 7
Original post by LFC_RV

I have no idea if it was or not but I've just bought tickets anyway to be safe :smile:
Reply 8
I have no idea if it was or not but I've just bought tickets anyway to be safe :smile:

I called them, they worded the letter wrong! We buy our own tickets and they'll reimburse us during the summer school! How you getting there?
Reply 9
Original post by Lemonpopsicle2
Just curious, how do you get to go to two Sutton Trust Summer Schools?

I went last year, I've redone the whole of year 12 due to my old school's lack of proper teaching resulting in a year of failures 😐😔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending