The Student Room Group

Edexcel mark schemes 2015

Did anyone see them :K:

Scroll to see replies

I saw the maths ones, thankfully C2 was very lenient, but S1 was a bit more harsh. I have the papers but not the mark schemes for all other subjects.
Original post by NotNotBatman
Do you know what the grade boundaries are?

They aren't released until results day.
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
They aren't released until results day.

What do you think C1 C2 will be realistically?
Original post by SCAR H
What do you think C1 C2 will be realistically?

In my opinion, C1 will be around 62 and C2 will be around 59
Reply 7
Original post by GrandMasti
In my opinion, C1 will be around 62 and C2 will be around 59

Is that a guess? How did you find them?
Reply 8
Hi mate, whats your take on the C1 C2 gb?
Do you know what the grade boundaries are?
Original post by SCAR H
Is that a guess? How did you find them?

That is a pure guess, dw lol
Reply 10
That is a pure guess, dw lol

Pls tell me i did bad aswell:/
Do you do S1 or M1
What do you thinkvyou got in C1C2?
Original post by SCAR H
Pls tell me i did bad aswell:/
Do you do S1 or M1
What do you thinkvyou got in C1C2?

I did S1. I hope I have got a solid A in both C1 and C2 and S1
Reply 12
I did S1. I hope I have got a solid A in both C1 and C2 and S1

What do you think C165 C263 is in terms of UMS?
Original post by SCAR H
What do you think C165 C263 is in terms of UMS?

If you got 65 marks in C1 and 63 marks in C2, I THINK they should both be above 80 UMS (so both A's).
Original post by SCAR H
Hi mate, whats your take on the C1 C2 gb?

My guess would be (For an A):
C1 - 64
C2 - 59
S1 - 60

I think I got;
C1 - 63
C2 - 51
S1 - 68

If I am right, that would mean I'm 1 mark off of an A.
Reply 15
For you
C1=79
C2=69
S1=91
....lol

Unlucky, were you aiming for an A all along?
Original post by SCAR H
For you
C1=79
C2=69
S1=91
....lol

Unlucky, were you aiming for an A all along?

I wasn't really aiming for any grade just high marks, like 90 UMS in each module, because that's what matters. It's a shame that I accidentally missed a question in C1 and read the last question incorrectly and in C2 most of the marks are obtained by methods. What do you think you got?
Reply 17
I wasn't really aiming for any grade just high marks, like 90 UMS in each module, because that's what matters. It's a shame that I accidentally missed a question in C1 and read the last question incorrectly and in C2 most of the marks are obtained by methods. What do you think you got?

What particular C2 Q did you misread? What is the proof or the differentiation after it?

For me i got

C1 - 65
C2 - 63
S1 - 56

What do you think i got?
Original post by SCAR H
What particular C2 Q did you misread? What is the proof or the differentiation after it?

For me i got

C1 - 65
C2 - 63
S1 - 56

What do you think i got?

No, I was referring to the the last question in C1, I misread that and I'm bad at adding numbers, I got everything right in the arithmetic sequence question until you had to add two numbers together. In C2 I panicked and got the final answers wrong for many questions. On question 2 I made a silly mistake, I mean the question was so trivial yet I made a mistake.

For the question where you had to eliminate a in the geometric sequence, I understood Arsey's method, but the mark scheme just says, " eliminate a to give (1+r)(1-r)= 17/81 ," I don't get that method.

Also the trig identity, I panicked so much that I just couldn't work it out during the exam.

I think you got bang on an A.

Why do you think you only got 56 in S1? Normally people find normal distribution difficult, but I find it really easy, S1 is easier than core maths for me.
Reply 19
No, I was referring to the the last question in C1, I misread that and I'm bad at adding numbers, I got everything right in the arithmetic sequence question until you had to add two numbers together. In C2 I panicked and got the final answers wrong for many questions. On question 2 I made a silly mistake, I mean the question was so trivial yet I made a mistake.

For the question where you had to eliminate a in the geometric sequence, I understood Arsey's method, but the mark scheme just says, " eliminate a to give (1+r)(1-r)= 17/81 ," I don't get that method.

Also the trig identity, I panicked so much that I just couldn't work it out during the exam.

I think you got bang on an A.

Why do you think you only got 56 in S1? Normally people find normal distribution difficult, but I find it really easy, S1 is easier than core maths for me.

Yes me too i got the normal-tangent Q wrong. If you misread it, MS indicated you can still gain a M1.

The a+ar=34 question was pretty straightforward for me. I can see it causing confusion.

For the trig Q, are you referring to all 3 sections? Part C was standard.

The GB will be lowered for C2 as many people did bad. 58 seems accurate.

I really struggle for time in S1, i mean with the core its straightforward Qs. Any application of maths tends to be quite harder for me.

Are you planning on doing Maths next year?

How are you feeling for results day in 2 weeks?

Quick Reply

Latest