The Student Room Group

Biology marching scheme Edexcel

In IAL edexcel biology marking scheme I have seen a quotation saying "correct answer with no working (2 marks) " what does this mean ?
Original post by Jahankir
In IAL edexcel biology marking scheme I have seen a quotation saying "correct answer with no working (2 marks) " what does this mean ?

Without any context, it would appear to mean that if you provide the correct answer, but provide no evidence of any calculations to demonstrate how you achieved that answer, then you will be awarded two marks.

The general rule in mathematical or calculated answers is that if you obtain the correct answer, then you are awarded all the available marks. The exception would be that if the question has said to use a particular method or approach, then you would need to show that you have used that method or approach by writing down each calculation you used to obtain the answer.

Do you have a link to the mark scheme to which you're referring, and the number of the question involved?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Without any context, it would appear to mean that if you provide the correct answer, but provide no evidence of any calculations to demonstrate how you achieved that answer, then you will be awarded two marks.

The general rule in mathematical or calculated answers is that if you obtain the correct answer, then you are awarded all the available marks. The exception would be that if the question has said to use a particular method or approach, then you would need to show that you have used that method or approach by writing down each calculation you used to obtain the answer.

Do you have a link to the mark scheme to which you're referring, and the number of the question involved?

If I wrote the answer with the method, and if the method I followed is *wrong*, will I loose my marks?
Original post by Jahankir
If I wrote the answer with the method, and if the method I followed is *wrong*, will I loose my marks?

In my original answer, I asked for a link to the mark scheme you were reading, and the question number. That was to ensure that I could provide you with an accurate answer. Without those details, I'm forced to provide an answer which might be inaccurate.

The following text appears within some Edexcel mark schemes (although maybe not the one to which you refer):

"If it is clear from the working that the “correct” answer has been obtained from incorrect working, award 0 marks."

Quick Reply

Latest