The Student Room Group

Am I doomed because of my AS grades?

I didn't take this year serious enough, and as a result my AS grades were horrific. A, D, D, U in psychology, biology, maths and chemistry in that order. It's very unlikely that I'll get in medicine i know but i just want to know is there a work around? For instance what I'm thinking is to redo the Chemistry AS and get a solid grade but will Uni's allow me in with Chemistry just at AS in addition to it being a retake? In biology and maths I plan to resit modules, but what am i advised to do? Do what i have in mind or just rethink my future?
Hi sabzzsr,

I am in the same situation as you.I want to do medicine but I got AABD. I know I can't get into medicine due to intense competition just like at India-Pakistani border or India-China border.I am looking for alternative courses such as neuroscience or genetics.
Reply 2
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also thinking about alternative routes into medicine, perhaps a biomedicine course and then apply for medicine?
Original post by sabzzsr
I didn't take this year serious enough, and as a result my AS grades were horrific. A, D, D, U in psychology, biology, maths and chemistry in that order. It's very unlikely that I'll get in medicine i know but i just want to know is there a work around? For instance what I'm thinking is to redo the Chemistry AS and get a solid grade but will Uni's allow me in with Chemistry just at AS in addition to it being a retake? In biology and maths I plan to resit modules, but what am i advised to do? Do what i have in mind or just rethink my future?

Some accept AS chemistry alone yes.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_A_Level_Requirements

Look into grad entry or widening access?

Original post by Pranesh123
Hi sabzzsr,

I am in the same situation as you.I want to do medicine but I got AABD. I know I can't get into medicine due to intense competition just like at India-Pakistani border or India-China border.I am looking for alternative courses such as neuroscience or genetics.

AABD is fine if you drop the D and boost the A up. It's not all about grades these days. Yes you need AAA and predictions of AAA but interviews and PS are important too.
Reply 4
Tbh idm widening access or a foundation year, but I think I'll drop that chemistry and then enter biomedicine and from biomedicine enter medicine
You should take a gap year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending