The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get into a university with B in higher

Didn’t get the results i wanted in s5 and I'm worried that i can’t get into the university(strathclyde) want to go to. Can advanced highers save me? Or am i doomed?
check the entry requirements
Pretty much :ditto:

Which course at Strathclyde were you interested in?
Reply 3
Original post by 04MR17
Pretty much :ditto:

Which course at Strathclyde were you interested in?

Electrical engineering or engineering
Reply 4
The requirement is AAAB and i have AAABB (S5)
Original post by bcai
Electrical engineering or engineering
Okay, this course?
https://www.strath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/electronicelectricalengineeringbeng/#entryrequirements

Two questions:
1) What were your grades today?
2) Do you qualify for the widening participation stuff that strathclyde have on the page linked above?
Reply 6
Nat 5 was only 1B in history rest A(includes maths, english and others)

Higher was AAABB (physics was a B)
Reply 7
Yes it is that course also i am assuming that appeals won’t increase my grades to A
Original post by bcai
Nat 5 was only 1B in history rest A(includes maths, english and others)

Higher was AAABB (physics was a B)
Then to me it looks like you meet their entry requirements:question:

Unless I'm missing something? :curious:
Reply 9
Wait so AAABB meets AAAB requirent?
Original post by bcai
Wait so AAABB meets AAAB requirent?
Yep, but cause you have achieved 3As and 1B
Hey @bcai :smile: Well done on your S5 grades! Pleased to hear you're considering studying with us after your S6!

If you're applying for the BEng Electronic & Electrical Engineering programme and have achieved AAAB (with Maths and either Physics or Engineering Science in there) then we are able to consider you for the programme as you have met the standard entry requirements. We also recommend Maths and Physics at Advanced Higher so if you have the opportunity to take those then that will help support your application too. I can't guarantee an offer would be made as our Engineering faculty is quite competitive for entry, but with appropriate grades and a strong accompanying personal statement we'd certainly be able to consider you :biggrin: You're definitely not doomed!!

Hope that helps but let me know if you've any other questions! Congrats again!

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending