The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

A levels over 3 years

I'm looking at going back to uni to study aerospace engineering. I'll be studying my a levels from home in my spare time and was thinking of doin AS maths the first year, then A2 the second year then AS & A2 physics in the third year, so I'm not getting bogged down with study! Just wondering whether uclan have any rules about the time in which you sit the exams. I've heard some have a two year rule! I've asked the uni themselves via email but never got a reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jebbadiah
I'm looking at going back to uni to study aerospace engineering. I'll be studying my a levels from home in my spare time and was thinking of doin AS maths the first year, then A2 the second year then AS & A2 physics in the third year, so I'm not getting bogged down with study! Just wondering whether uclan have any rules about the time in which you sit the exams. I've heard some have a two year rule! I've asked the uni themselves via email but never got a reply.

I don't know any specifics for UClan but I would have thought anything that reduces workload per unit time is looked down upon in application, though obviously circumstances depending. Also when you come to starting uni, the extra workload will be a lot more difficult to cope with compared to if you'd done your A-levels in the normal timeframe.

Howcome you're thinking of doing this if you don't mind my asking? Are you working a part time job and don't have much time to dedicate to it or something?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Well i was thinking rather than tryin to done maths and physics and fitting studying around working and having an ounce of social life I would concentrate on one at a time. Also I was thinkin i could concentrate on gettin As A*s.

I already have a degree so I'm used to the workload of uni's.

Another idea I had was, because I'm studying from home, then I could study As and A2 maths and physics without taking any exam, then when I was happy I could take the AS and A2 exams at the same time. That way it looks like I've done it all in one year rather than over 3 years lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending