The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3360
Has anyone who received the email from DAS about HMRC heard from them directly yet?
Original post by A3561
Has anyone who received the email from DAS about HMRC heard from them directly yet?

No, as has been said, we were told we'd hear by 24th August, but that's now been put back to mid-September.
Reply 3362
Original post by JHart1865
No, as has been said, we were told we'd hear by 24th August, but that's now been put back to mid-September.

Of course, but in the email it also suggested that they were working through the list, so some people might have already gotten the call
Original post by A3561
Of course, but in the email it also suggested that they were working through the list, so some people might have already gotten the call

Yeah, sorry I suppose some will have. Hopefully we'll all hear well before mid-September! Hate being left hanging like this, not sure i'd tolerate it from many other employers.
Reply 3364
Original post by JHart1865
Yeah, sorry I suppose some will have. Hopefully we'll all hear well before mid-September! Hate being left hanging like this, not sure i'd tolerate it from many other employers.

Same to be honest, was really excited to hear by Friday :frown: I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end though, seems to have a lot of advantages being in the civil service and HMRC is a good department I think. hope u hear soon :smile:
Which is the address you need to send the degree certificate to? There are 2 different addresses on my email...
Original post by MoveTheChains
Which is the address you need to send the degree certificate to? There are 2 different addresses on my email...

I sent mine too -

Pre-appointment Co-ordinator
Civil Service Direct Appointment Team
Parity Professionals
The Hub
Farnborough Business Park
Fowler Avenue
Farnborough
Hants, GU14 7JF
Reply 3367
I am filling out the forms and am a bit confused. i got emailed some and sent others by post. Should they be sent back all together? And so the pieces of ID and degree certificate go with them? I am sure i am just being stupid here, but have got myself into a bit of a muddle.

thanks for any help!
Original post by emmapu
I am filling out the forms and am a bit confused. i got emailed some and sent others by post. Should they be sent back all together? And so the pieces of ID and degree certificate go with them? I am sure i am just being stupid here, but have got myself into a bit of a muddle.

thanks for any help!

You can do it either way. I personally emailed the email forms back, and posted my degree certificate and paper forms separately. It really doesn't matter though.
Original post by emmapu

thanks for any help!

They're all going to the same address so I sent all of mine by post. Same goes for ID photocopies and degree certificate.
Came back this morning from a music festival in Poland to see and email telling me I've got a telephone interview with the Department of Culture and Sport tomorrow morning - terrible timing but I guess it's exciting to hear something!

Will let know how it goes.
Original post by nicola1806
Came back this morning from a music festival in Poland to see and email telling me I've got a telephone interview with the Department of Culture and Sport tomorrow morning - terrible timing but I guess it's exciting to hear something!

Will let know how it goes.

Congrats and good luck!

How long has it been since you sent off the pre-appointment forms?

EDIT: Also, really jealous that you've got something from that department - after the FCO, that would be my dream haha!
(edited 8 years ago)
Not sure if anyone in here knows, but can you reapply to the fast stream while still being on the fast stream? I.e reapply with the view of moving to a different stream, but still retaining your job in the stream you're currently on? Or do you have to leave the fast stream completely, and then reapply?
Original post by Skarm
Not sure if anyone in here knows, but can you reapply to the fast stream while still being on the fast stream? I.e reapply with the view of moving to a different stream, but still retaining your job in the stream you're currently on? Or do you have to leave the fast stream completely, and then reapply?

Yeah you can do that, one of the people at my FSAC was a central departments person going for the foreign office stream.
Original post by robboadam31
Congrats and good luck!

How long has it been since you sent off the pre-appointment forms?

EDIT: Also, really jealous that you've got something from that department - after the FCO, that would be my dream haha!

Its been about 2 weeks, the phone call was really underwhelming actually - just asked when I could start, if I was happy to relocate to London and what kind of job I'd want to work in e.g. policy, product delivery, finance etc. Tried to say I'd be happy with anything without sounding desperate!

Said they'd call back in a few days confirming my position and start date.
Original post by nicola1806
Its been about 2 weeks, the phone call was really underwhelming actually - just asked when I could start, if I was happy to relocate to London and what kind of job I'd want to work in e.g. policy, product delivery, finance etc. Tried to say I'd be happy with anything without sounding desperate!

Said they'd call back in a few days confirming my position and start date.

Okay.....interesting. I mean, that sounds so exciting and promising!

As someone who's literally just sent everything back, I wonder whether anyone's sent it off and heard literally nothing so far. I hate waiting around, especially when they're putting my hopes up. My company is going through major restructuring so I just wanna jump ship to the CS asap.
I wish HMRC were as quick!
Hi everyone

Is there a Facebook group I can join to connect with other fast stream apprentices, preferably in the London area? Thanks
Looks like my forms have been lost in the post. Oh joy. :'(
Aw Qzq see zed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending