The Student Room Group

Diego Costa vs Sergio Aguero

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Last season he scored against Barca, three against Bayern, three against United (in two games), Arsenal and Liverpool. His big game record is the best in the league.

LOL

Like i said he is a great player but if i had a choice between him and costa at full fitness i would pick costa any day.
Original post by United1892
Aguero, better finisher and all round player who you can trust not to elbow somebody in the face.

I like my strikers to bend the rules to their advantage though, Costa/Shearer/Suarez are all excellent examples of 'rough' strikers.

That being said, Aguero is clearly the better player.
Original post by saeed97
LOL

Like i said he is a great player but if i had a choice between him and costa at full fitness i would pick costa any day.

How many big games a season are there then? He had (max) 4 games against Bayern and Barca and he scored 4 goals. What more can you ask for?
Original post by mhsc

Yeah m8 you're right Aguero hasn't got a nasty streak in him at all.

Well he's not elbowing Luiz in the face there. :tongue:
In any case he's a lot less likely to do something like that than Costa.
Original post by rolodopus
I like my strikers to bend the rules to their advantage though, Costa/Shearer/Suarez are all excellent examples of 'rough' strikers.

That being said, Aguero is clearly the better player.

There's a line between bending the rules a little which is what Shearer did and being a liability which is what Costa can be. The dirty game Costa plays is OK until he gets annoyed which is when he becomes a liability.
There's a line between bending the rules a little which is what Shearer did and being a liability which is what Costa can be. The dirty game Costa plays is OK until he gets annoyed which is when he becomes a liability.

The amount of red cards Shearer and Suarez got speaks for itself, they could be liabilities but they were world class strikers, no doubt about it.

As a Liverpool fan, I have experienced first hand Costa's 'tactics' i.e when he stamped on Henderson in the 20th minute. SHould have been sent off but he wasn't and Henderson looked like he was out of it for the entire match. Costa went on to score the winner IIRC.
The amount of red cards Shearer and Suarez got speaks for itself, they could be liabilities but they were world class strikers, no doubt about it.

As a Liverpool fan, I have experienced first hand Costa's 'tactics' i.e when he stamped on Henderson in the 20th minute. SHould have been sent off but he wasn't and Henderson looked like he was out of it for the entire match. Costa went on to score the winner IIRC.

Shearer generally got sent off because after getting away with it for a while the referees began to look out for every stray elbow from him (he of course occasionally did stupid things). Costa gets annoyed and does it far to blatantly sometimes but dosent appear to get caught on the sneaky ones like on Henderson at the moment. Suarez is similar to Shearer (although the biting is a new level of dirty) in that he gets away with most of what he does (until after the game of course).
Shearer generally got sent off because after getting away with it for a while the referees began to look out for every stray elbow from him (he of course occasionally did stupid things). Costa gets annoyed and does it far to blatantly sometimes but dosent appear to get caught on the sneaky ones like on Henderson at the moment. Suarez is similar to Shearer (although the biting is a new level of dirty) in that he gets away with most of what he does (until after the game of course).

What about Cantona? Dirty bugger by any definition of the word but a world class striker (not as good as Dalglish or Fowler, but still... :wink: )

Costa's playing style makes him a better player.
What about Cantona? Dirty bugger by any definition of the word but a world class striker (not as good as Dalglish or Fowler, but still... :wink: )

Costa's playing style makes him a better player.

Cantona was not as reliant on being dirty as Costa or Shearer (still a dirty player) as his finishing was certainly better. (of course :wink:)

Without being dirty Costa wouldn't be as good he just needs to cut out the completely stupid bits.
Cantona was not as reliant on being dirty as Costa or Shearer (still a dirty player) as his finishing was certainly better. (of course :wink:)

Without being dirty Costa wouldn't be as good he just needs to cut out the completely stupid bits.

[video="youtube;OhskAyWlsRg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhskAyWlsRg[/video]

You're right though, Costa being dirty transforms him from a good striker to a world class one.
[video="youtube;OhskAyWlsRg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhskAyWlsRg[/video]

You're right though, Costa being dirty transforms him from a good striker to a world class one.

Yeah Cantona was a mad man.

Suarez has never been sent off in a competitive club game (and once I believe for Uruguay for a handball). What you trying to say?
Original post by little_wizard123
Suarez has never been sent off in a competitive club game (and once I believe for Uruguay for a handball). What you trying to say?

The guy's a cheat, I'm pretty sure I made that clear in my comments. What are you trying to say?
[video="youtube;eF4kSWnY2Z8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF4kSWnY2Z8[/video]
The guy's a cheat, I'm pretty sure I made that clear in my comments. What are you trying to say?
[video="youtube;eF4kSWnY2Z8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF4kSWnY2Z8[/video]

You implied he had loads of red cards. I told you otherwise. That was what I was trying to say.
Reply 34
Original post by saeed97
LOL

How are games against the teams directly below you not big games lmao
Reply 35
Suarez was never a liability in terms of red cards. In fact, he has a good discipline record in terms of fouls and cautions/dismissals. His bans were for other things, i.e. the Evra affair and the Chiellini/Ivanovic bites, which were picked up by TV audiences latterly.

Diego Costa's gnarliness and needle makes him a better player. That's a certainty. If you take away that edge to him, and the edge Suarez play with, and you have an inferior athlete. Unquestionably.
Yeah Aguero it's a non contest.

Diego Costa is just under Lewandowski. Used to think Lewa was overrated but he's a ****ing beast. Like Ibra with more work rate.
Reply 37
Original post by jam277
Yeah Aguero it's a non contest.

Diego Costa is just under Lewandowski. Used to think Lewa was overrated but he's a ****ing beast. Like Ibra with more work rate.

I really want a PL side to sign Ibrahimovic now that he's approaching his twilight. It'd be an astute bit of business, like Liverpool bagging Litmanen for a season back in 2001.
Aguero
Reply 39
Is this really a question? Aguero all day every day.

Quick Reply

Latest