The Student Room Group

Am I too late?

Due to higher GCSE grades than I originally thought I would get. I now would like to change two out of the four A levels I have already chosen. This is also because I have changed my mind in the career path I would like to go down. (I would like to study criminology at Uni or possibly Film Studies if my first option falls through)
Anyway my enrolment day is on Monday is it to late to change my A Level options?
I have tried to ring the college and they told me they would email me the details however I haven't received anything from them.
I rang them just after my new student day in September where I got to test run if you would like the classes.
I originally at the time had only wanted to change one A Level however now I would like to change two.
The most frustrating part is that when I rang in September they told me that I had to inform the college by enrolment day of the course's I would like to change too. I have made several attempts to ring the college itself and arrange for this to happen but there response is 'check your emails'. I haven't received any email from them apart from their newsletter.
I was just wondering what I should do? Am I too late to change two A Levels on enrolment day or do I still have a chance to change?
I don't know if it's all official as such and we go and get our timetables on enrolment day and we just bring our GCSE results to prove we can get onto the course.
Reply 1
What?
You can change courses as far as november
Original post by FrancescaLou
Due to higher GCSE grades than I originally thought I would get. I now would like to change two out of the four A levels I have already chosen. This is also because I have changed my mind in the career path I would like to go down. (I would like to study criminology at Uni or possibly Film Studies if my first option falls through)
Anyway my enrolment day is on Monday is it to late to change my A Level options?
I have tried to ring the college and they told me they would email me the details however I haven't received anything from them.
I rang them just after my new student day in September where I got to test run if you would like the classes.
I originally at the time had only wanted to change one A Level however now I would like to change two.
The most frustrating part is that when I rang in September they told me that I had to inform the college by enrolment day of the course's I would like to change too. I have made several attempts to ring the college itself and arrange for this to happen but there response is 'check your emails'. I haven't received any email from them apart from their newsletter.
I was just wondering what I should do? Am I too late to change two A Levels on enrolment day or do I still have a chance to change?
I don't know if it's all official as such and we go and get our timetables on enrolment day and we just bring our GCSE results to prove we can get onto the course.

Most sixth forms usually give you a week at the start to change your subjects. On the first day just tell your head of sixth form that you want to change subjects.
Original post by SCAR H
What?
You can change courses as far as november

Really?
I didn't know that you could change that late on. Thank you.
When I spoke to one of the administration team on the phone they informed me that I had to change before enrolment day but like I explained they keep sending my round in circles with emails and phone calls ect.
I will definitely ask them on Monday, I was just worried that I wouldn't be able to change them thats all.
Original post by peanutbutterjam
Most sixth forms usually give you a week at the start to change your subjects. On the first day just tell your head of sixth form that you want to change subjects.

Ok. Thank you.
Original post by FrancescaLou
Really?
I didn't know that you could change that late on. Thank you.
When I spoke to one of the administration team on the phone they informed me that I had to change before enrolment day but like I explained they keep sending my round in circles with emails and phone calls ect.
I will definitely ask them on Monday, I was just worried that I wouldn't be able to change them thats all.

It's entirely up to the college as to what they will or won't let you do and no one on here can tell you for certain what this college will agree to. You need to keep talking to them. Anyone on here will only be guessing.
If they're giving you the run around, walk in and ask to speak to someone from admissions in person. You should definitely be able to change subject now. If the college won't let you, it doesn't sound like the sort of college you really want to be studying. Inflexibility is really annoying.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest