The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1920
Original post by meganrush
Try Unite Students. They put me in Carnatic and I've gone private at The Railyard, a 10 min walk from the uni.

I think i'll ring around on Monday to see if the uni will allow me in, I recon the waiting list for the on campus accommodation is so long anyway though so I don't see much hope. The Railyard does look hopeful so I might try there..have you been to visit it?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by cbfks
I think i'll ring around on Monday to see if the uni will allow me in, I recon the waiting list for the on campus accommodation is so long anyway though so I don't see much hope. The Railyard does look hopeful so I might try there..have you been to visit it?

my mate knew someone who stayed at railyard and it was really awful. Awful service from staff and whatnot, having lived in Liverpool for a year already I suggest, Cambridge Court, Grand Central, Marybone 1.2,3 or Agnes Jones House (which is 2 minutes away from uni)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meganrush
Oh dear :frown: hopefully I have a better experience

You should, regardless you can always try to move rooms if you don't like it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm staying at the railyard this september, anybody else at UoL? :smile: or doing architecture?
Hi! X1 Lettings may be able to help you...we can offer fully furnished studio apartments, bills all included and you can take advantage of the onsite gym and cinema. The studios are located a short stroll away from the Albert Docks and Liverpool One. Prices start from £120 per week and I'd be more than happy to arrange a viewing for you. Please email us at [email protected] or call 0151 559 3333. Thanks, X1 Team
Hey guys :smile:

If you decide you may need to look into private accommodation as opposed to uni halls, Vita Student Liverpool is only a short 10 minute walk to the University and minutes from the high-street. If you want a luxury studio aparmtent for £120 a week with all bills included, 40 inch television with TV license included, weekly cleaning service, gym membership, breakfast mon-fri, kitchen utencils and deisgner aplliences, beddings, communal facilities that holds regular events with cinema room and study rooms and so much more please don't hesitate to contact our friendly lettings team by calling our hotline 02030961717 or email us at [email protected]

We can arrange a Skype viewing for you if you are also unable to view in person!

Sophie :smile:
www.vitastudent.com/locations/liverpool/
Original post by HassanD
I managed to get an ensuite in private halls since Liverpool offered me catered and shared toilets room all the way at Greenbank student village.

I had a similar thing happen to me when I started at Liverpool last year! Applied for self-catered, en-suite, on-campus and was given Carnatic. So I ended up rejecting that offer and going private as I really didn't want to stay in Carnatic.
Original post by Mekaj
I'm looking at private halls, I'm still on the waiting list for Uni accommodation, any advice about where's best for first years? I looked at an Urban Student Life one ( Falkland House I think) and they can place you in a flat with first years, but the room is very small. At the moment looking at Prodigy Living Great Newton House and Downing Students The Arch. Not sure which is best for first years really.

Original post by cbfks
I've been put 3 miles from the uni, catered also. Any recommendations of private accommodation near the uni?

I'm not too concerned about being with first years as i'm sure i'll meet people either way.

As for recommendations, I would suggests UNITE. I stayed in Cambridge Court last year. Right on campus, couple of minutes walk if that to lectures and well within walking distance to the town centre/Albert Docks etc. Only downside for me was having to listen to the bells from the Catholic and Anglican Cathedrals ringing several times throughout the day every Sunday without fail. Also a little on the expensive side.

I'll be living with Sanctuary Students this year. I have a friend who will be staying with them and also lived with them last year too and she said they're really nice! These halls are actually in town, but still well within walking distance to university. Also quite a bit cheaper than UNITE. :smile:
Hi, I'm going into third year and currently looking at vita accommodation but I've seen everywhere that's it's very popular with international students. I'm a UK student and wouldn't want to be isolated which is what happened in first year as they didn't speak good English! That then left me in a house in 2nd year I wasn't too happy with... Which then has made it difficult this year too. I guess I was just wondering if the allocation of rooms was random or if you group UK students together or not? Ps no offence to any international students some are better/worse with English! Thanks 😊
Original post by Livstudent
Hi, I'm going into third year and currently looking at vita accommodation but I've seen everywhere that's it's very popular with international students. I'm a UK student and wouldn't want to be isolated which is what happened in first year as they didn't speak good English! That then left me in a house in 2nd year I wasn't too happy with... Which then has made it difficult this year too. I guess I was just wondering if the allocation of rooms was random or if you group UK students together or not? Ps no offence to any international students some are better/worse with English! Thanks 😊

Hi!

There are actually more UK based students living with us at Vita Student Liverpool than any of our other residences currently, so you would never feel isolated :smile:

If you would like to direct message me your contact details our team can talk you through the different room options available :smile:

Thanks

Matt
Original post by Mekaj
I'm looking at private halls, I'm still on the waiting list for Uni accommodation, any advice about where's best for first years? I looked at an Urban Student Life one ( Falkland House I think) and they can place you in a flat with first years, but the room is very small. At the moment looking at Prodigy Living Great Newton House and Downing Students The Arch. Not sure which is best for first years really.

Hey Mekaj,

If you have any questions about Great Newton House, please feel free to ask away!

We also have a private residents group set up, just in case you have any questions, I can redirect to them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1545080739112472/ :smile:
Original post by KittKatt
I had a similar thing happen to me when I started at Liverpool last year! Applied for self-catered, en-suite, on-campus and was given Carnatic. So I ended up rejecting that offer and going private as I really didn't want to stay in Carnatic.

As for recommendations, I would suggests UNITE. I stayed in Cambridge Court last year. Right on campus, couple of minutes walk if that to lectures and well within walking distance to the town centre/Albert Docks etc. Only downside for me was having to listen to the bells from the Catholic and Anglican Cathedrals ringing several times throughout the day every Sunday without fail. Also a little on the expensive side.

I'll be living with Sanctuary Students this year. I have a friend who will be staying with them and also lived with them last year too and she said they're really nice! These halls are actually in town, but still well within walking distance to university. Also quite a bit cheaper than UNITE. :smile:

I am moving into the Railyard in a few days and was wondering when you moved in? I can move in from the 6th which is quite early however I don't want to be the last to move in... do you have a general idea on when the majority move in?
Original post by HassanD
I am moving into the Railyard in a few days and was wondering when you moved in? I can move in from the 6th which is quite early however I don't want to be the last to move in... do you have a general idea on when the majority move in?

Depends who you're flatmates are. :smile: If your with all Liverpool University students, you can probably get away with moving in a bit later than the 6th as Freshers week is from the 19th September (I think!!) and then lectures start the week after. So perhaps the weekend prior to Freshers or sometime during the week before?

However, last year I lived with all LJMU students who started a week or two before Liverpool Uni so I ended up being the last one there :frown:
Original post by maryamzahid
As I'm going to do my first year again (changing my degree), I'm not sure if I should live in halls again or just stay with friends. Just don't want to mess up my freshers like I did last year

How did you mess up your freshers last year?
Original post by Joewa12
Currently a first year student living in greenbank halls. I found it really hard to find any info last year about halls so thought I would help abit. The off campus (greenbank and Carnatic) are probably a bit more socialable and most of these places are catered. Catered is good as going for meals becomes quite socialable. Food is okay. Can kitchen sizes vary. Most people will get one of these two over on campus (vine court and crown) even if you put none of these in your options it's really **** how they do it. I would say greenbank food is slightly better due to the less volume of people to serve. Rankin is probably the best hall facilities wise as tey renovated it a couple of years ago to give a social area. Any questions feel free to contact me.

Do you know anything about Melville Grove? apparently they have renovated it this year, its on campus
Original post by KittKatt
Depends who you're flatmates are. :smile: If your with all Liverpool University students, you can probably get away with moving in a bit later than the 6th as Freshers week is from the 19th September (I think!!) and then lectures start the week after. So perhaps the weekend prior to Freshers or sometime during the week before?

However, last year I lived with all LJMU students who started a week or two before Liverpool Uni so I ended up being the last one there :frown:

Ahh fair enough, well I think I will move in on the 6th or 7th to be safe anyway so hope it goes well. Thanks for letting me know.
Reply 1935
I'm not, me and my girlfriend are sharing a studio near the docks.
Original post by A.nonX
Do you know anything about Melville Grove? apparently they have renovated it this year, its on campus

I've been once, you have housemates rather flatmates so it's homely but your mail goes to vine court I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A.nonX
How did you mess up your freshers last year?

Picked the wrong degree and the worst kind of accommodation. Didn't enjoy freshers and tbh didn't even know what freshers were.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skywalker12
Anyone know if international students get different accommodation to uk students

Not really, you get put in the same kinda accommodation, some places just have more international students than others

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maryamzahid
I've been once, you have housemates rather flatmates so it's homely but your mail goes to vine court I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply. Also do you remember how many there was per house?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending