The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gijops
ok lemme re-phrase that a little bit: if we finally have peace in Palestine and Israel then maybe these terror attacks won't go away, but I got a feeling there will be less of them as the muslim community will have less reason to be out-raged

When it comes to these terrorist attacks, we're talking about the sort of people who think cartoons justify murdering people, who think that Australia daring to condemn Muslim genocide in East Timor is a good reason to do the Bali Bombing and who think Salman Rushdie writing the Satanic Verses deserves a fatwa.

These retards will never not be outraged. Stop trying to appease the lunatic fringe. Especially when you consider that they do not want a two-state solution in Israel/Palestine. They will only accept total destruction of Israel. Do you therefore propose that Israel kills itself so that we get fewer fanatical terrorist vermin trying to kill us?
Original post by Anubis532
No that is false. Just look at the political landscape now. ISIS, Al Qaeda, hizb ut tahrir, nusra front, ahrar al sham, jaish al muhajireen, they are all salafist sunni islamist.

This boils down to the ideology. The salafi school is based on the foundation of extremism. They believe beheading is something normal, they are puritanical, they are takfirists ,(they excommunicate other muslims and deem their slaughter as permissible). They also view non muslims as enemies and those who are not people of the book (i.e christian and jew) are to be massacred and their women enslaved and raped (yazidis today)

The ideas of isis are found numerously in their ideologues, ibn taymiyyah, ibn al qayyim, al arabi, al dahabi. And more modern scholars such as ibn baz (ksa grand mufti in 90s) sheikh abdul aziz (current grand mufti), Mohamed al arefr, adnan al aroor and many others .

It is absurd to say all sects of Islam are islamists, only someone who has no education on Islamic theology and different sects and who has a high level of emotion can say that .

Posted from TSR Mobile
sunni terroist groups are obviously the most numerous ( sunni isalm is the biggest sect) shia islam has many terroist groups too, hezbollah being a prominent one
Original post by Errm2
I'm saying:

Moroccan =/= Only Muslims.

gun man details - Ayoub El Qahzzani, known to french authorities for attempting to join IS in syria

i assume now its been confirmed what any intelligent thinking person could have assumed , you will be leaving this forum based on our agreement?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Profesh
If you follow this chain of reasoning to its natural conclusion then Al-Baghdadi can probably retire.

dont really follow your train of thought - islamists have existed and inspired terrorism for a lot longer than IS have been around - have you never read newspapers pre 2013?
Original post by Reformed
sunni terroist groups are obviously the most numerous ( sunni isalm is the biggest sect) shia islam has many terroist groups too, hezbollah being a prominent one

Hezbollah does not compare in any way to the sunni terrorist groups. Hezbollah does not intend to create a caliphate (the concept of caliphate is rejected by shia islam, and this is very important) and hezbollah does not seek to be offensive , make takfir of others, and it is tolerant of people from other sects and religions. As we can see in lebanon, there are many religions yet hezbollah has good connections with them all. This is different to the sunni islamists, who do try to massacre shia muslims, enslave the yazidis and kill and destroy christians and their properties.

Hezbollah, recognised by some to be terrorist, does not compare in any way to the sunni jihadists . You would be making a dangerous mistake to do so. Hezbollah sees itself as a resistance movement against israel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anubis532
Hezbollah does not compare in any way to the sunni terrorist groups. Hezbollah does not intend to create a caliphate (the concept of caliphate is rejected by shia islam, and this is very important) and hezbollah does not seek to be offensive , make takfir of others, and it is tolerant of people from other sects and religions. As we can see in lebanon, there are many religions yet hezbollah has good connections with them all. This is different to the sunni islamists, who do try to massacre shia muslims, enslave the yazidis and kill and destroy christians and their properties.

Hezbollah, recognised by some to be terrorist, does not compare in any way to the sunni jihadists . You would be making a dangerous mistake to do so. Hezbollah sees itself as a resistance movement against israel

Posted from TSR Mobile

hezbollah are very much a terrorist organisation, their aims may be slightly diff to IS, but they are a good example of islamic terroism. there other groups such as houthis in yemen, that perhaps would not be regarded as terrorists, but certainly militant groups. shia terrorism was till the late 1980 head and shoulders above sunni terrorism, but in recent times this has reversed. eitherway its all islamic terrosim, whch is the most common type in the world
The religion of peace.......

To the deniers....... when are we going to hear of a Sikh/Buddhist/Jewish/Hindu terrorist attack? If Islam is no more dangerous than other religions, how come we never heard of terrorist attacks committed in the name of other religions?
Original post by democracyforum
Just doing the jobs we won't

Minority of Muslims

Christian extremists exist too

tolerant religion of peace

There are terrorist attacks every week and they are all islamic
The religion of peace foiled once again!
Original post by billydisco
The religion of peace.......

To the deniers....... when are we going to hear of a Sikh/Buddhist/Jewish/Hindu terrorist attack? If Islam is no more dangerous than other religions, how come we never heard of terrorist attacks committed in the name of other religions?

LRA mate, ever heard of it?
This is me, moh luther, on a different account, years later. I was chatting nonsense here. I don't engage in these sorts of pathetic apologetics anymore, I'm a proud Muslim.
(edited 1 year ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending