The Student Room Group

Medicine Resit Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

yeah guys we need to support each other like hell this year resit crew for lyf x x x x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
yeah guys we need to support each other like hell this year resit crew for lyf x x x x

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is actually so cute, I feel better about flopping C4 now xxx

gotta wait for my school to finalise my predictions, feeling nervy as ****. Why does Liverpool want an A* prediction in maths? -internal screaming-
Original post by AnnekaChan173
This is actually so cute, I feel better about flopping C4 now xxx

gotta wait for my school to finalise my predictions, feeling nervy as ****. Why does Liverpool want an A* prediction in maths? -internal screaming-

Aha glad I could help :wink: God same :/ Ikr it's just unnecessary!!

Liverpool want you to get A*s in anything you retake right? Next year is going to be so much fun!!!!!!! (not)

Posted from TSR Mobile
also does anyone know how Liverpool/Lancaster are using the ukcat and bmat this time round?? Can't seem to find it on their website

Posted from TSR Mobile
also does anyone know how Liverpool/Lancaster are using the ukcat and bmat this time round?? Can't seem to find it on their website

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally what the heck. It's a bit ridiculous. I think I'm gonna email them and ask if an A is OK if I have other A* predictions. I can imagine they'll say no tho :/

When I emailed Liverpool they said they weren't too sure, but to apply with a "competitive" score. I'm thinking that means they're using a more holistic approach than a cut off? I haven't had a reply from Lancaster yet, though.
Reply 25

Posted from TSR Mobile

Considering, it is the first time Liverpool are considering the UKCAT and Lancaster are using the BMAT for the first time, I don't think they'll have a cut off score. I think it would be best to email them though. :smile:
Reply 26
How did it go for you bye? Did you miss an offer? Welcome to the resit crew btw x

Reading the resit thread for 2015 entry is pretty inspiring btw guys. We can do this ok, Resit cru represent 😂

Haha yes! I didn't get any interviews last year lol (im such a failure). I wanted to apply with AAA in September but ended up with BBB in biology chemistry and maths AND THEY WERE ALL 4 UMS AWAY *cries*

I sent 2 maths, 1 bio 1 chem off for remarks. One maths goes up by 4 ums and the other came down by 4 (my luck!) biology went down by 5 ums!!! and chemistry stayed the same.

And that's my crisis.
Original post by nkb01
Haha yes! I didn't get any interviews last year lol (im such a failure). I wanted to apply with AAA in September but ended up with BBB in biology chemistry and maths AND THEY WERE ALL 4 UMS AWAY *cries*

I sent 2 maths, 1 bio 1 chem off for remarks. One maths goes up by 4 ums and the other came down by 4 (my luck!) biology went down by 5 ums!!! and chemistry stayed the same.

And that's my crisis.

snap we got the same grades lol we can do this!
Literally what the heck. It's a bit ridiculous. I think I'm gonna email them and ask if an A is OK if I have other A* predictions. I can imagine they'll say no tho :/

When I emailed Liverpool they said they weren't too sure, but to apply with a "competitive" score. I'm thinking that means they're using a more holistic approach than a cut off? I haven't had a reply from Lancaster yet, though.

I know! tbh I might not even apply there anymore aha

ahh okay, and I haven't any replies from either! but okay guess we just have to smash the exam!!!!
Reply 29
snap we got the same grades lol we can do this!

I feel so much better knowing there are others like me. Yes we can!

My parents and school put me down so much :frown:
Original post by nkb01
I feel so much better knowing there are others like me. Yes we can!

My parents and school put me down so much :frown:

Me too that's why I started this thread to look for people to relate too😂😂I'm the only one out of all my friends who missed their offer :frown: :frown:

Same :/ my mum was so upset but I guess she's come to terms with it, my school laughed at me for wanting to reapply but hey I just don't want to regret not trying everything I can to get in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if there were many people looking to take a gap year and resit their A2s to apply again for Medicine 2016 entry?

I had an offer from St George's this year but missed my grades so am taking a forced gap year and trying again :smile:

Would be nice to know a few others in this situation!

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I have never been so scared in my life. Please check this out and give me an honest opinion on my chances for 2016 entry because I am killing myself over this.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=58846627&highlight=medicine
Original post by yasaminO_o
Yep, I'm in the same boat. I have never been so scared in my life. Please check this out and give me an honest opinion on my chances for 2016 entry because I am killing myself over this.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=58846627&highlight=medicine

Hey I think you have a great shot! Especially if you can write about all your experiences in your ps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33

, my school laughed at me for wanting to reapply

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked one of my old teachers for a reference, he said 'Medicine is not for you, think of something else.'

Still have it saved in my e-mail.... I got an offer.
Original post by ToeHold
I asked one of my old teachers for a reference, he said 'Medicine is not for you, think of something else.'

aha congrats on your offer!! bet you're glad you didn't listen to your teachers now :')
Reply 35
aha congrats on your offer!! bet you're glad you didn't listen to your teachers now :':wink:

Yeah don't listen to what they're saying, they've only known you for a short time.

Wish you the best, goodluck!
Original post by ToeHold
Yeah don't listen to what they're saying, they've only known you for a short time.

Wish you the best, goodluck!

Thank you! you too, enjoy medical school!
Reply 37

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes ! Some days I feel so optimistic and other days so upset. But yes we can do this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sp22
Yes ! Some days I feel so optimistic and other days so upset. But yes we can do this

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know exactly what you mean, it sucks but then I do well on a ukcat mock or something and get really motivated again!
Reply 39
[QUOTE=ToeHold;58855143]I asked one of my old teachers for a reference, he said 'Medicine is not for you, think of something else.'

The same thing happened to me!

The minute I got my unconditional medicine offer I emailed my head of year and chemistry teacher straight away and told them where to shove it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending