The Student Room Group

What were your GCSE results?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CoolCavy
Well im sure everyone on this thread will deeply appreciate that patronizing comment. I am bored of this converation with such a materialistic, egocentric person :h:

Oh I just realized you are a girl, which is why you are so dumb. If I remember correctly back when I was in school all the girls were just plain stupid. Also the girls that say they don't care about money when they are younger turn out to be gold diggers.
Original post by alexcboar
When I did my GCSE's I didn't revise or care about them. I spent all my free time learning how to program, I ended up with DDDDDEEFF. I remember people making fun of me. But i learnt lots of programming skills and within the first month of everyone going to Sixth Form I landed a SE job contracting 370 quid a day. The reply I got when I posted my first paycheck on facebook, lol it went something along the lines of "LIAR" "YOU ARE A RETARD" "YOU FAILED GCSE YOU FAILED LIFE" and everyone thought I lied until I bought my first car, a 35G Scirocco so I mean grades don't mean shi*

Don't follow the sheep people. Pythagoras theorem is not going to get you a job.

What a beg...

Oh I just realized you are a girl, which is why you are so dumb. If I remember correctly back when I was in school all the girls were just plain stupid. Also the girls that say they don't care about money when they are younger turn out to be gold diggers.
Good troll. 4/10.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jasaron
What a beg...

Good troll. 4/10.

All I want to say is that GCSE's do not make you smart. I don't have any decent GCSE's and I get paid lots of money for my intelligence.
Goodness, my grades are nowhere near as good as you guys!

Of course good grades aren't a gateway to riches. There are people with 15 A*'s that cannot get jobs. That's just a fact of life. There are people with multiple degrees who can't get jobs. That's just a fact of life.

But of course it's something to be proud of! :biggrin:

Both sides of this argument (or debate?) are valid. People do get carried away with their abundance of A*s and are lead into thinking that grades are the key to success (which of course, it isn't). But also remember that GCSE's are a result of (at least) 2 years of hard work, and is probably the biggest achievement a 16 year old has ever had! So of course they have good reason to be happy about it!
All I want to say is that GCSE's do not make you smart. I don't have any decent GCSE's and I get paid lots of money for my intelligence.

Well done.

However, I don't think being sexist is the best way to convey your message, friend.
Original post by LBS_187

Of course good grades aren't a gateway to riches. There are people with 15 A*'s that cannot get jobs. That's just a fact of life. There are people with multiple degrees who can't get jobs. That's just a fact of life.

Both sides of this argument (or debate?) are valid. People do get carried away with their abundance of A*s and are lead into thinking that grades are the key to success (which of course, it isn't). But also remember that GCSE's are a result of (at least) 2 years of hard work, and is probably the biggest achievement a 16 year old has ever had! So of course they have good reason to be happy about it!

right as ever LBS_187, :smile: p.s it won't let me rep u bc i repped u b4 :frown:
Original post by CoolCavy
right as ever LBS_187, :smile: p.s it won't let me rep u bc i repped u b4 :frown:

Haha no problem :biggrin:
Original post by LBS_187

GCSE won't get you a job.
Alevels will start to get you entry level jobs.
Uni Degrees vary I mean if you do computer science employment will be fairly easy as high demand, but if you do business you will probably have to compete with lots of people.
Uni Degrees vary I mean if you do computer science employment will be fairly easy as high demand, but if you do business you will probably have to compete with lots of people.

Well, GCSE's wouldn't get you a very good job anyway. Yes I do agree. Qualifications help, but they aren't everything.
Reply 69

GCSEs DO get you jobs. All the jobs I've applied for are more interested in GCSE Maths and English than my A-Levels or my degree!
I got 5 A*s 6 As, and I was so happy with them until people on TSR who got the same grades as me were complaining about how poorly they did hahah
Original post by mintpuppy
I got 5 A*s 6 As, and I was so happy with them until people on TSR who got the same grades as me were complaining about how poorly they did hahah

Typical TSR :lol:

Those are fantastic grades well done! :h:
Original post by AnIndianGuy
11 A*'s - with an A^ in Further Maths. Hehe

Your name explains it all XD.
I'm starting year 11 soon, and was just wondering - when did you guys start to revise?

I've already started to revise - 5 hours a day, is it too early right now?
1 A*
4 A
4 B

Good enough for Uni ?... we'll have to see...
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Typical TSR :lol:

Those are fantastic grades well done! :h:

aw thank you very much! :biggrin:

typical indeed, I remember seeing a thread with a member asking if 10 A*s was good or not :tongue:
Reply 76
Original post by user5432
I'm starting year 11 soon, and was just wondering - when did you guys start to revise?

Wow that is VERY early. I got 1A* 8A's and 2B's (hopefully my English Lang will be remarked) by starting revision in March. I never gave up my social life (TKD, Explorers etc) and still got grades in the top 5% in the country

I have a friend on NCS with 10A*'s and 1A yet she sacrificed her social life for GCSE and now only has us on NCS as friends.

Word for the wise, do not sacrifice Year11 for your grades as it's not worth it- your CV is worth a lot too!!
Original post by _jarv_
GCSEs DO get you jobs. All the jobs I've applied for are more interested in GCSE Maths and English than my A-Levels or my degree!

What do you do? Seems odd...
Original post by user5432

I started revising a bit on weekends around March, and really started revising beginning of May (I got 5 A*'s and 6 A's)- don't start yet it's pointless

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Would you trade in all your GCSE's now to be fluent in every programming language?

Go back to sleep, reality is that your depressed because you failed your GCSE' and on paper your almost a retard that focused on programming - leave this forum for people to talk about their GCSE grades and go read a book if you can.

You didn't even respond to my counter argument =/

Quick Reply

Latest