The Student Room Group

Is doing phycology and sociology A level a good idea?

Basically for the last 2 years I've been wanting to do biology at A level but unfortunately I was 5 marks off a B so they couldn't let me do the subject so instead I chose phycology instead which means all together I am doing phycology, chemistry an sociology at A level but it's phycology and sociology together a good idea. I've heard that sociology is full of boring content but I'm interested in it and although I didn't get into biology I'm interested in phycology. So what do you guys think?
Reply 1
I think you should choose subjects that you'll enjoy.
Reply 2
No but continuing to misspell psychology is. Sorry, it's a bugbear of mine.
Original post by RihanaB
Basically for the last 2 years I've been wanting to do biology at A level but unfortunately I was 5 marks off a B so they couldn't let me do the subject so instead I chose phycology instead which means all together I am doing phycology, chemistry an sociology at A level but it's phycology and sociology together a good idea. I've heard that sociology is full of boring content but I'm interested in it and although I didn't get into biology I'm interested in phycology. So what do you guys think?

I did both sociology and psychology - they go well together. Didn't do biology so can't comment on that. My other subjects were English lit/lang and RS.

I personally loved sociology - didn't find it boring at all!
I do both psychology and sociology! I think they compliment each other well as they both incorporate research methods
Not going to lie, some parts of sociology are boring and psychology is more interesting. But I enjoy both of them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
i found sociology really interesting (some of it is a bit dry but mostly i really enjoyed it) and it goes really well with psychology - some of the content for research methods is all the same, which i found really helpful as i knew it really well!! both have a lot of case studies and names to remember, and i found i got some mixed up so watch out for this! but they do go really well together, and i loved sociology, obviously this depends on your topics so maybe look over the modules as you dont want to do something you dont enjoy as you wont do well in it
Reply 6
Ok thankyou for replying just needed some confidence with the A levels I chose. Feel a lot more better now! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest