The Student Room Group

can someone grade this macbeth guilt thesis please

Guilt is presented through the play in numerous ways. Shakespeare constructs guilt around Macbeth and Lady macbeths phycological suffering as their guilt increases to show the effects of being consumed by guilt. Shakespeare also reoccurringly uses religious references and the motif of symbolism to force the audience to stay in their righteous faith in order to not face the immediate consequence of being burdened my guilt.
Whilst I can’t grade, here are a few improvements I’d consider.

A thesis is just an introduction into your essay, so I wouldn’t worry about including the start of your point. For instance, ‘Shakespeare constructs guilt through motifs, religious references and the characters of Macbeth, and Lady Macbeth by demonstrating their mental destruction due to the guilt they experience.’

Also might be a good idea to include some context! Such as dates the play was first performed, it’s genre etc.

Sounds good!
Reply 2
Original post by elsibeth
Whilst I can’t grade, here are a few improvements I’d consider.

A thesis is just an introduction into your essay, so I wouldn’t worry about including the start of your point. For instance, ‘Shakespeare constructs guilt through motifs, religious references and the characters of Macbeth, and Lady Macbeth by demonstrating their mental destruction due to the guilt they experience.’

Also might be a good idea to include some context! Such as dates the play was first performed, it’s genre etc.

Sounds good!

thank you so so much!! this will help alot

Quick Reply

Latest